You are here
MassArt's Information Technology Department strives to provide the best range and quality of services to the entire community.
The 3rd Floor Print Lab (T300) is Open for the Spring 2022 semester. The Lab will be offering printing and scanning services either in person or using a service bureau model. The service bureau model allows students, faculty and staff to submit digital files (through the WePrint Request Form), or drop off materials to be scanned, which will be printed/scanned by MassArt Students. Printed output and original materials for scanning will be returned or dropped to community members using a locker in the Design and Media Center. Digital scans will be made available via a Google Drive share.
For other tools and resources, please view our Universal Tools.
HOURS 1/18/21 – 5/18/21
Monday 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
Tuesday 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
Wednesday 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
Thursday 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Sunday, February 20 – Closed
Monday, February 21 – 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Monday, March 7 – 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday, March 8 – 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Wednesday, March 9 – 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursday, March 10 – 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Friday, March 11 – 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunday, April 17 – Closed
Monday, April 18 – 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Thursday, May 19 – 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Computer Labs and Campus Resources
The Lab is located primarily on the 3rd and 7th floors of Tower Building. The Lab involves interdisciplinary studio environments available to students in all departments. These computer labs are frequently used as classroom spaces as well.
The Lab supports student activities including electronic design (print and web) and prepress, animation, digital illustration, photography, video and audio, interactive multimedia, 3D modeling and rendering, animation, electronic device control, and computer programming.
Hardware and software choices reflect the realities of professional work environments for artists as closely as possible. Software versions are kept current and we try to upgrade hardware every three years.
The Lab also supports several distributed computing initiatives including: Studio Foundation studios designed for group projects and integration of computer tools with traditional materials and processes; a pattern drafting workstation and apparel design studio in Fashion Design; a learning center in the Library, ESL training and electronic research; a printmaking studio for generating material to be incorporated into silkscreen and lithography; and other small studios in various departments as needed.
Staff members, who are artists or designers, or our student lab monitors are always available to provide assistance and help minimize the difficulty of using the technology and printing.
- (6) 2D Imaging and Design studios for graphic design, electronic prepress, electronic book design, Web, DVD and interface design, illustration, fashion, painting, drawing, and photography using Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, Dreamweaver, Acrobat), among others - rooms T306, T308, T310, T642, T713, T729
- (1) Interactive multimedia studios to support 2D animation, stop motion, sound editing, digital video, and live performance, using software such as Final Cut Pro, Live, Reason, and programming languages such as Max/MSP/Jitter, Processing and PureData - room T729
- (2) Windows 7 studios with high-end graphics, one utilizing Wacom Cintiq tablets, to support Architecture, Industrial Design, and 3D & parametric modeling, rendering, and animation using a variety of tools including Autodesk Master Suite, Maya & Automotive, SolidWorks, Rhino, and other software as needed to respond to the challenge of rapid change in this area - rooms T408, T1001
- (1) Computer integrated video studio that combines tape editing (VHS, 8mm, miniDV), and "blue screening," with digital video editing with Final Cut Pro and others - room T713
- (1) Electronics studio for computer controlled media, robotics, and circuit design - room T320
- (1) Gerber Technologies AccuMate pattern design system with two Silhouette drafting tables - room T408
- Numerous specialized facilities for stop motion animation, sound recording & mixing, computer aided milling, weaving, and printmaking
Lab Manager (3rd Floor)
3rd Floor Lab Monitor Desk
Audio/Visual Manager (Sound/Video)
Director of Academic Technology