You are here
Graphic Design Certificate
The Graphic Design Certificate program prepares students to work as professional graphic designers across a wide range of work environments. Areas covered include branding, print and digital publication, interactive media, environmental graphics and more. Graduates of the Graphic Design Certificate program work for design studios, agencies, in-house corporate design departments, as freelance designers or build their own design business. The Graphic Design Certificate program features evening classes in a sequence that can be completed in 3 years, including 13 courses totaling 38 credits.
Graphic Design Certificate students will graduate with a professional portfolio of work suitable for procuring employment in the field of graphic design.
Students who complete the Graphic Design Certificate Program are expected to be able to demonstrate the following learning outcomes for successful entry into professional design practice.
- Practiced a wide variety of approaches to problem solving through design
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing concepts as well as in implementing visual language and graphic form
- Designed for a variety of media including print and interactive, and gained expertise in matching media to content
- Applied the fundamental concepts of visualizing information
- Demonstrated proficiency in typography for both print and screen environments
- Developed competent critical language for analyzing and evaluating their own design work and the work of others
- Acquainted themselves, through readings and presentations, with current trends and people in historical and contemporary design
- Mastered a wide range of technical and craft skills, and gained a realistic understanding of how to implement their knowledge in a professional design environment
- Prepared an entry-level portfolio and presentation that can be used for job search in the graphic design profession