You are here
Graphic Design Certificate
The Graphic Design Certificate program offers a part-time in-depth course of study for people interested in pursuing a career in graphic design or incorporating design skills into their professional or personal practice. Areas covered include branding, print and digital publication, interactive media, environmental graphics and more. Graduates of the program work for design studios, agencies, in-house corporate design departments, as free-lance designers, or build their own business. The Certificate features evening classes in a 13 course, 38 credit sequence that can be completed in 3 years.
Graphic Design Certificate students will graduate with a portfolio with professional quality work.
Students who complete the Graphic Design Certificate Program are expected to demonstrate the following learning outcomes, necessary for successful entry into professional design practice.
- Ability to practice a variety of approaches to problem solving through design
- Proficiency in developing concepts as well as in implementing visual language and graphic form
- Ability to design for a variety of media including print and interactive, and proficiency in matching media to content
- Application of fundamental concepts of visualizing information
- Proficiency in typography for both print and screen environments
- Competent critical language for analyzing and evaluating their own design work and the work of others
- A basic knowledge, through readings and presentations, of current trends and people in historical and contemporary design
- Mastery of a range of technical and craft skills, and a realistic understanding of how to employ these skills in a professional design environment
- Completion of an entry-level portfolio and presentation that can be used for a job search in the graphic design profession
Curriculum | Course sequence | faqs | requirements | tuition | financial aid | refunds and withdrawals
The Spring application period has ended. It ran from September 1st to November 1st. The next application cycle is for Fall and it begins on February 1st and ends April 1st.