You are here
Frequently Asked Questions
Table of Contents
- A. Please see the online course catalog for a list of courses.
- A. Once registration is complete an orientation email and semester schedule will be sent by the CE staff to the personal email address submitted on the registration. Please carefully read and follow the instructions provided to access: your class, MassArt Student Services, and the MassArt community.
- A. If you would like to cancel a registration please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For details on the time limit to receive a refund, please see the Refund section below.
- A. All Continuing Education courses are Remote and being offered virtually for summer 2020 and fall 2020 semesters.
- A. Students will need a computer or smartphone, preferably with video capability, and reliable internet connection in order to participate in Remote classes. Every Remote class will use a Virtual Platform. Virtual Platforms include: Zoom, Google Classroom, MassArt Moonami, and others.
- A. The Remote courses will be held on one or more Virtual Platform/s. Remote courses may require students to meet at specific days and times. Coursework may be completed independently, in a group setting, or both. The Remote courses may include pre-recorded content and live content. The specific course details will be included in the course description.
- A. Each class will have its own Virtual Platform link. Your instructor will invite you to class by sending the link for the Virtual Platform to your MassArt email. The instructions and link/s may be sent by the instructor before the course begins, or on the start date of the course.
- A. A Network ID (known as NetID) is a personal, unique identifier assigned to you by MassArt. It consists of your first name initial followed by your last name. Your Net ID will allow you to set up your MassArt email.
- A. Yes, each student is assigned a unique MassArt email address.The primary distribution tool for school wide information and communication between faculty and students is done using MassArt email. Please set up your MassArt email and password ASAP to ensure that you will have access to the course and the course content. If you need assistance, or if you have not received your temporary password, please contact Tech Central at email@example.com.
- A. After you receive your temporary password, you can visit password.massart.edu to change your password at any time
- A. If you are enrolled in a workshop you will receive a full refund when a request is received one week prior to the start date of the class. If you are enrolled in a credit class, or the noncredit section of a credit class, you will receive a full refund of all tuition and fees when a request is received before the second class meeting day. If a request to drop or cancel a registration is not received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org within these time limits, no refund will be issued.
Massachusetts College of Art and Design
Professional and Continuing Education
621 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Please be aware the CE staff is working remotely. Please reach us by email.