You are here
Apply for our Clinical Training Program
The Counseling & Wellness Center is dedicated to training master's and doctoral clinical trainees during the academic year. Trainees are selected from programs in counseling, social work, psychology, and other clinical disciplines. Due to the clinical nature of our site, trainees must be in an advanced year in their programs.
- Attend an extensive orientation in late August and participate in programming and outreach activities
- Be at MassArt 24 hours (typically three days) per week during the academic year
- Have 12-14 client hours per week and will have opportunities to develop outreach programs for the College community, as well as lead support groups and focused workshops
- Meet weekly with individual supervisor(s), and will also be provided weekly group supervision
- Attend practice seminars with a focus of topics relevant to higher education and mental health (e.g., Sex Therapy & Education, Eating Disorders Among Diverse Populations, Title IX, & etc.)
Features of Our Program
- An Orientation to college counseling is provided in late August prior to the beginning of the academic year
- An integrative and developmental approach stressing resilience is used in supervision
- Trainees will be mentored by a licensed mental health professional who will integrate theory and practice in higher education and college counseling
To apply, please submit the following items via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter
In lieu of a cover letter, please respond to the following questions:
— Why are you interested in the Clinical Training Program at MassArt?
— Please describe your clinical orientation and how you adapt it based on the context/need(s) of the client and the mission / context of the agency in which you are working?
— How does your social location impact your clinical approach, engagement with clients, and relationship with colleagues?
— What makes you stand out / unique from other applicants?
*Please limit each response to 250 words, and feel free to use the prompts as headers.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
— Two (2) must be from professionals familiar with your clinical work
— One (1) must be from a faculty member or colleague
Applications are due by Monday, January 9th, 2023 by 12 PM (noon) EST.