You are here
Apply for our Clinical Training Program
The Counseling & Wellness Center is dedicated to training master's and doctoral clinical trainees during the academic year. Trainees are selected from programs in counseling, social work, and other clinical disciplines, and they are typically in an advanced year in their programs.
- Interns and Trainees are expected to be at MassArt 24 hours/week during the academic year (more hours/week will be required of internship level trainees)
- Trainees are expected to have 12-14 client hours/week and will have opportunities to develop outreach programs for the College community, as well as leading support groups and focused workshops
- Trainees will meet weekly with each of their two individual supervisors, and will also be provided weekly group supervision
- Trainees attend a weekly theory seminar and a seminar for the Colleges of the Fenway (COF) interns
Features of Our Program
- An extensive orientation to college counseling is provided in late August prior to the beginning of the academic year. This includes a comprehensive training on motivational interviewing used to provide counseling to students on alcohol and other drugs
- An integrative approach stressing resilience is used in supervision
- Trainees will be mentored by a psychologist or social worker who will integrate theory and practice in this area
- Trainees will participate in ongoing team work focused on building a safe, caring campus culture in which students can thrive
To apply, please submit the following items via e-mail to email@example.com:
- Cover Letter
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
Applications are due by Tuesday, January 4, 2022.