You are here
Tech Central is the first point of contact for members of the MassArt community with questions and requests for assistance with Technology resources. We provide equipment borrowing services, in-house technical support, and portfolio documentation facilities for all matriculated MassArt students, faculty, and staff (with a current MassArt ID).
email@example.com • 617.879.7888
Spring & Fall Hours:
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 7:00pm
Winter Break Hours:
Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm
Monday - Thursday, 8:00am - 7:00pm, Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
- BFA students, MFA students, and Certificate Students can borrow equipment for a maximum of three days for review boards only with the authorization of a faculty member
Equipment Request Form
- Faculty can borrow equipment for a maximum loan period of 7 days
- Staff can borrow equipment for a maximum loan period of 3 days
- Continuing Education students need prior authorization in order to check out any equipment from Tech Central. Requests for equipment access must be made by the faculty member of a current CE course and must be approved by the Continuing Education Office. Once access is granted, CE students are authorized to borrow equipment specific to their course for a maximum loan period of 7 days. All access to CE equipment is revoked at the end of each semester
All computer loans are restricted to faculty and staff only. Standard faculty/staff checkout policies apply.
Borrowers are financially liable for lost, stolen or damaged Tech Central equipment. Borrower must pay for the replacement cost in addition to a $10.00 processing fee.
Reservations and Renewals
To insure equipment availability, we encourage borrowers to make reservations one week in advance for both portfolio documentation and equipment needs. Tech Central also offers walk-in as well as telephone reservations.
All equipment reservations may be renewed up to three times provided that the equipment is returned on time and it's not reserved.
In order to renew equipment, all gear must be present at the time of renewal. No renewals will be made over the phone.
Late Fee Schedule
Items will be fined according to a tiered system based on the value of the item.
- Green - $10.00/day
- Orange - $5.00/day
- Yellow - $1.00/day
There are no exceptions for a late fine.
Equipment late fines of $5.00 or more will prevent patrons from borrowing or reserving any equipment from Tech Central until the fine is paid.
If you would like to dispute a fine due to serious illness, emergency or family matters, please fill out the following form and submit it to Tech Central.
Late Returns and Unclaimed Books
|Constituency||Equipment Loan Period||Workstation Allowance|
& graduate students
|3 day maximum,|
|4 hours maximum,|
|MassArt Continuing |
|1 week maximum,|
|4 hours maximum,|
|3 day maximum||4 hours maximum,|
|MassArt alumni||N/A||4 hours maximum,|
Only authorized Continuing Ed. students are allowed to check out CE equipment from AVMS.
Fines do not accrue for MassArt staff or faculty.
Alumni/ae may use digital photography/scanning workstations for non-commercial documentation purposes only.
- Damaged but Repairable - Replacement cost per approved vendor plus $10.00 processing fee
- Lost or Damaged Beyond Repair - Replacement cost per approved vendor plus $10.00 processing fee
Equipment List and Loan Limit
|Type of Equipment||Item Limit|
|16 mm projector||2|
|35 mm camera||1|
|Audio cable, adaptor||2|
|Digital Audio Recorder||1|
|Digital Video Camera||1|
|Firewire 4-6 pin||1|
|Mini DV RCA cable||1|
|Powered audio mixer||1|
|Public Address System||1|