FaLL CAMPUS UPDATES
Welcome back students! To begin the year on a strong footing we are strongly encouraging testing as we all arrive on campus for move-in and the start of classes, and we are requiring masks on campus.
The following is an overview of the COVID protocols we will follow to begin the Fall semester.
- All Students, Faculty, and Staff are expected to keep their vaccination status up to date and in line with the latest CDC recommendations.
- All Students residing on campus must be vaccinated and boosted; there are no exceptions.
All Students are strongly encouraged to take a Rapid Antigen Test (“RAT” or “at-home test”) 72 hours before arriving on campus.
Resident Students will be required to take a PCR, provided by MassArt, within 24 hours of arrival on campus.
All Faculty and All Staff are strongly encouraged to take a Rapid Antigen Test (“RAT” or “at-home test”) 72 hours before classes begin on September 7th.
COVERIFIED APP > COLOR APP
The Color platform will be used to streamline our testing process. With this platform, users can activate and submit test kit samples, receive results, and the campus can then track and report on campus health metrics.
MassArt will remain a masked campus as we begin the Fall semester, with masks required for all community members and guests/visitors.
- Mask-wearing is required for all visitors, regardless of vaccination status
- All Visitors are required to sign in and sign out at the security desks at either Kennedy or the Design and Media Center (DMC)
- External guests are permitted in the residence halls
- The dining commons are open to the general public; masks are required for entry, and mask-wearing is required when not actively eating or drinking.
- All MassArt community members will be required to swipe their IDs at both entry locations – Kennedy and Design and Media Center (DMC).
- Colleges of the Fenway and ProArts Consortium members will be required to show security guards their IDs from their respective campuses.
- All other Visitors will be required to sign in and sign out.
2022 FALL SEMESTER RETURN DATES
- Orientation - Saturday, September 3 - Tuesday, September 6, 2022
- New Student Move-In - Saturday, September 3, 2022
- Returning Student Move-In - Monday, September 5, 2022
- Labor Day - Monday, September 5, 2022 - No classes, offices are closed
- Opening Day - Tuesday, September 6, 2022 - No classes
- Classes Begin - Wednesday, September 7, 2022
Please direct any questions you may have about these plans to one of the offices below, where colleagues are happy to help: