You are here
Professor, Program Area Chair- Freshman Seminar
2007 - Ph.D. University of Connecticut, English; 1995 - MA, Baylor University, English; 1992 - BA, Gordon College, English (with AY 1990-91 at York St. John University, York, England)
- 2019 - "Rising and Falling on the Price of Paper: The Story of Mandrake" Journal of Modern Periodical Studies 10.1-10.2: 157-183.
- 2014 - "Brideshead Illustrated: The Sacred and Profane Aesthetics of Capt. Charles Ryder" Religion & Literature 46.1, 53-76
- 2007 - "Geometries of Space and Time: The Cubist London of Mrs. Dalloway" Woolf Studies Annual 13, 111-136
- 2006 - "Acts of Containment: Marianne Moore, Joseph Cornell, and the Poetics of Enclosure" Journal of Modern Literature 29.4, 124-144
- 1997 - "The Enduring Sacred Strain: The Place of the Tale of the Sankgreal Within Sir Thomas Malory’s Morte Darthur" Christianity and Literature 47.1), 21-34.
- Forthcoming 2021 - "The Visions of John Ball: Iain Bell’s Opera In Parenthesis." Steen Bille Jørgensen, Margaret Higonnet, and Svend Erik Larsen, eds. Pathways through Realism (= Landscapes of Realism, vol. 2). Amsterdam: John Benjamins, 2021
- 2013 - "'That better part which shall not be taken from you': Varieties of Christian Experience in Jane Eyre" in Critical Insights: Jane Eyre, ed. Katie R. Peel. Salem Press
- 2013 - "Let X=Professor; Now Solve for Y. Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Millennials" in Generation X Professors Speak: Voices From Academia, ed. Marc Shaw, John Kille, and Elwood Watson. Scarecrow Press. [Featured on Salon.com as the cover article of 25 May 2013]
- 2010 - "Don’t Judge a Cover by its Woolf: Book Jacket Images and the Marketing of Virginia Woolf’s Work" in Virginia Woolf and the Literary Marketplace, ed. Jeanne Dubino. Palgrave.
- 2002 - "She Moves Through the Boom" by Anne Marie Hourihane New Hibernia Review 6.4 (Winter 2002), 155-157
- 2002 - "Reading Roddy Doyle" by Caramine White New Hibernia Review 6.1 (Spring 2002), 148-149
- 2001 - "Seamus Alchemicus: Gold and Transmutation in Seamus Heaney's Early Poems" Notes on Modern Irish Literature 13 (2001), 14-21
- 2017 - MassArt Kelner Faculty Fellowship
- 2006-2007 - University of Connecticut Humanities Institute Dissertation Fellowship
Professional Affiliations and Organizations
- Northeast Modern Language Association
- The David Jones Society
Photo by Mary Lou Roy Photography