You are here
For New Students
MassArt houses students in three residence halls: Smith Hall (freshmen only), Tree House (primarily freshmen and sophomores), and the Artists’ Residence is apartment-style. MassArt is also currently leasing Rodgers Hall from Wentworth Institute of Technology to provide additional on-campus housing for our students.
All of the MassArt residence halls have unique facilities designed to address the needs of student artists. View building specific information.
Applying for Housing
To secure your place in the entering class and to apply for housing, you must submit the following items by May 1 (or within 10 business days from the date on your acceptance letter if admitted for the Spring semester):
Submit your deposit(s) and complete enrollment forms:
- a completed Tuition and Housing Deposit online form
- a $200 non-refundable tuition deposit
- a completed online Housing Application
- a $240 non-refundable housing deposit (if you are planning to apply for housing, we strongly encourage you to submit both your tuition and housing deposits at the same time along with the appropriate forms)
The application is considered incomplete if any of these are missing. Please be advised that only full-time MassArt students are eligible for on-campus housing. For any residence hall related questions, please contact the Office of Housing and Residence Life via email at email@example.com.
First-time College Students
MassArt guarantees space in on-campus housing to all first time college students, with the exception of international and mobility students. Please contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are uncertain of your status.
- In late-April students are notified that have a space reserved in on-campus housing
- In mid-June notifications are sent out regarding room assignment information and a License Agreement Form for students accepted for college housing
- For Spring admits, notifications and assignments are sent on an ongoing basis as housing applications are received.
Housing for the Second Year
All first-time college students who are housed on campus for their entire first year are guaranteed housing for their second year. Please see Housing for Current Students for more information regarding this process.
MassArt is able to guarantee on-campus housing for incoming transfer students entering for Fall 2019. To be eligible for this guarantee, students must submit all applicable forms and deposits listed above by May 1st.
- In mid-June, notifications are sent with room assignment information and a License Agreement form to all transfer students accepted for college housing
- For Spring admits, notifications and assignments are sent on an ongoing basis as housing applications are received
Students may request to be matched with a specific roommate. In order to do this, both students should:
- Follow the steps addressed above in "Applying for Housing"
- Send an email to email@example.com requesting to room with the other student. These emails should be sent from whichever email address you put on your Housing Application and should contain both your full name and the full name of the student you wish to room with
- Roommate requests must be received via email by May 15th
Housing Cancellation Policy
If accepted for housing, you will be responsible for the following deadlines and conditions.
All cancellations/terminations of license agreement must be submitted by email or fax to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by the Office of Housing and Residence Life before the deadline or they will be placed in the next cancellation period. Cancellation/termination of license agreement emails must be sent from the student's MassArt email address, or the email address listed on the student's Housing Application, and should include the student's full name and MassArt ID number.
- Cancellation received prior to August 1 for academic year assignments and January 2 for new spring assignments: The $240 non-refundable deposit will be forfeited.
- Cancellation received on/after August 1 / January 2 and before day of occupancy (occupancy is considered the day of Fall check-in or Spring check-in. Date is established by Housing): Student will be billed $1,400 if the vacancy cannot be filled with a student new to housing (not already on-campus)
- Termination of License Agreement (cancellation) received on/after day of occupancy and by the end of add/drop: Student will be billed $1,400
- Termination of License Agreement received after add/drop and before October 31 / March 16: Student will be billed $2,700
- Termination of License Agreement received after the October 31 / March 16 and prior to the end of the current semester enrolled: Student will be billed for 100% of the rent for that semester
- Mid-year Cancellation: Termination of License Agreement received for the subsequent semester - If student cancels appropriately with the Office of Housing and Residence Life, and vacates room by the last day of the preceding semester, student will be billed $1,400 of the subsequent semesters rent if the vacancy cannot be filled with a student new to housing (not already on-campus)