You are here
For New Students
MassArt houses students in three residence halls: Smith Hall (freshmen only), Tree House (primarily freshmen and sophomores), and the Artists’ Residence is apartment-style. MassArt is also currently leasing Rodgers Hall from Wentworth Institute of Technology to provide additional on-campus housing for our students.
All of the MassArt residence halls have unique facilities designed to address the needs of student artists. View building specific information.
Applying for Housing
To secure your place in the entering class and to apply for housing, you must submit the following items by May 1 (or within 10 business days from the date on your acceptance letter if admitted for the Spring semester):
Submit your deposit(s) and complete enrollment forms:
- a completed Tuition and Housing Deposit online form
- a $550 non-refundable tuition deposit
- a completed online Housing Application
- a $450 non-refundable housing deposit (if you are planning to apply for housing, we strongly encourage you to submit both your tuition and housing deposits at the same time along with the appropriate forms)
The application is considered incomplete if any of these are missing. Please be advised that only full-time MassArt students are eligible for on-campus housing. For any residence hall related questions, please contact the Office of Housing and Residence Life via email at email@example.com.
First-time College Students
MassArt guarantees space in on-campus housing to all first time college students, with the exception of international and mobility students. Please contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are uncertain of your status.
- In late-April students are notified that have a space reserved in on-campus housing
- In mid-June notifications are sent out regarding room assignment information and a License Agreement Form for students accepted for college housing
- For Spring admits, notifications and assignments are sent on an ongoing basis as housing applications are received.
Housing for the Second Year
All first-time college students who are housed on campus for their entire first year are guaranteed housing for their second year. Please see Housing for Current Students for more information regarding this process.
MassArt is able to guarantee on-campus housing for incoming transfer students entering for Fall 2019. To be eligible for this guarantee, students must submit all applicable forms and deposits listed above by June 1.
- In mid-June, notifications are sent with room assignment information and a License Agreement form to all transfer students accepted for college housing
- For Spring admits, notifications and assignments are sent on an ongoing basis as housing applications are received
Students may request to be matched with a specific roommate. In order to do this, both students should:
- Follow the steps addressed above in "Applying for Housing"
- Send an email to email@example.com requesting to room with the other student. These emails should be sent from whichever email address you put on your Housing Application and should contain both your full name and the full name of the student you wish to room with
- Roommate requests must be received via email by May 15th