You are here
Housing Information For New Students
MassArt houses students in three residence halls: Smith Hall (first time college students and foundation transfers), Tree House (primarily first and second year students), and the Artists’ Residence (primarily returning students). All of the MassArt residence halls have unique facilities designed to address the needs of student artists.
Learn more about the Residence Halls
Applying for Housing
To secure your place in the entering class and to apply for housing, you must submit the following items within your Application Portal by May 1 (or within 10 business days from the date on your acceptance letter if admitted for the Spring semester):
- a completed Tuition and Housing Deposit online form
- a $550 non-refundable tuition deposit
- a completed online Housing Application
- a $450 non-refundable housing deposit (if you are planning to apply for housing, we strongly encourage you to submit both your tuition and housing deposits at the same time along with the appropriate forms)
SUBMIT YOUR DEPOSIT(S) AND COMPLETE ENROLLMENT FORMS
The application is considered incomplete if any of these are missing. Please be advised that only full-time MassArt students are eligible for on-campus housing. For any residence hall related questions, please contact the Office of Housing and Residence Life via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
First-time College Students
MassArt guarantees space in on-campus housing to all first-time college students, provided they submit all applicable forms and deposits listed above by May 1.
- Beginning in late-April, we will start notifying students that a space has been reserved for them in on-campus housing
- In mid-June notifications are sent out regarding room assignment information and a License Agreement Form for students accepted for college housing
Incoming transfer students are considered for on-campus housing on a space-available basis. Please submit all applicable forms and deposits listed above by May 1 (or within 10 business days from the date on your acceptance letter if admitted for the Spring semester) for full consideration.
- Transfer students will be notified by late May as to whether they will be assigned to housing or placed on a waitlist.
- By mid-June, notifications are sent with room assignment information and a License Agreement form to all transfer students accepted for college housing
- For Spring admits, notifications and assignments are sent on an ongoing basis as housing applications are received
Housing for the Second Year
All first-time college students who are housed on campus for their entire first year are guaranteed housing for their second year, provided they meet published deadlines. Please see Housing for Current Students for more information regarding this process.
Transfer students who are housed on campus for their first year are not guaranteed housing for their second year due to limited space.
Please email the Office of Housing and Residence Life at email@example.com with any questions.
Students may request to be matched with a specific roommate. In order to do this, both students should:
- Follow the steps addressed above in "Applying for Housing"
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to room with the other student. These emails should be sent from whichever email address you put on your Housing Application and should contain both your full name and the full name of the student you wish to room with
- Roommate requests must be received via email by May 15th