You are here
Help Right Now
If you are having thoughts of suicide, impulses to hurt yourself or someone else or if you have just been a victim of violence or a sexual assault, contact the Counseling and Wellness Center immediately. During office hours from Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm, contact our office at 617.879.7760; after hours, contact MassArt Public Safety at 617.879.7800.
Emergency Drop-In Sessions
If you are in a crisis, come by our office Monday-Friday at 3:00pm for an emergency drop-in session with one of our counselors.
If you or a friend has been sexually assaulted, it is important that you receive medical and psychological care as soon as possible. Contact Public Safety at 617.879.7800 for assistance to be transported to Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Emergency Services; contact Health and Counseling Services at 617.879.7760 for additional support, guidance, and resources.
If you are feeling unsafe, whatever the reason may be, please reach out for help.
- In case of an emergency, please call MassArt Public Safety at 617.879.7800, or call 911.
- Counseling and Wellness Center emergency drop-in hours are Monday - Friday 3:00pm - 4:00pm in the Counseling Office, 2nd floor of Kennedy
What If It's Not an Emergency But I'm Really Upset?
At times of distress that does not reach the level of a crisis or emergency, there are several things you can do to help you cope with and reduce your distress. Here are a few suggestions:
- Practice breathing exercises for relaxation
- Write in a journal
- Talk to a friend, family member, or MassArt faculty or staff
- Take a walk
- Practice relaxation techniques
- Listen to your favorite music
- Engage your creative energy (draw, build, or paint)
- Watch a movie or distract yourself with a relaxing game
- Daydream about a favorite activity
- Recall a pleasant memory, focusing on the images, sounds, and sensations that are associated with the memory
- Try this relaxation exercise