Skip to main content

You are here


Federal Pell Grant 

A Federal Pell Grant is awarded to undergraduate students who demonstrate exceptional financial need. Eligibility for the Federal Pell Grant is based on a student’s EFC (Expected Family Contribution) which is determined by the FAFSA.

Federal Supplemental Educational
Opportunity Grant (SEOG) 

A federal grant which is only awarded to Pell Grant recipients. MassArt has limited amounts available to its undergraduates.


A state-funded program administered by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, which is awarded to eligible Massachusetts residents who complete their FAFSAs by May 1. This is a strict state deadline. Funds are awarded to students who are financially needy and do not have a prior bachelor's degree. The Office of Student Financial Assistance is familiar with the state's criteria in awarding these funds and will include the amount a student is eligible for on the award letter prior to confirmation from the state. In some cases, the state may require additional information from a student's family to determine eligibility for an award. If the state notifies a student that they require further information, it is important to comply immediately. Students who do not comply in a timely manner lose their award.

Tuition Waiver

A variety of Tuition Waivers are awarded to eligible students by the Massachusetts Department of Higher Education. Documentation of your eligibility for a specific tuition waiver must be sent to the College.

Cash Grant

Cash Grants are awarded by the College to needy MA residents pursuing their first bachelor’s degree.

MassArt Grant

A MassArt Grant is a need-based grant awarded by the College.

State Grants/scholarships

If you are a Massachusetts resident, you may be eligible for the MASSGrant listed above. For residents of other states, check with the state's scholarship office to determine eligibility for an award and if it is transferable to MassArt. MassArt's Office of Student Financial Assistance should be notified of any transferable award from a state other than Massachusetts, and this award will be included in the financial aid package.