You are here
Residence Hall Move-In
Provided below is information regarding our Fall 2019 Move-In. We will be updating this webpage regularly with additional information. Please be patient as we continue to plan for your arrival.
Preparation for a smooth move in
All bills will be due in the first week of August. If you do not pay your fall 2019 tuition in full, as well as room and board, you will be unable to move in on the day assigned to you. Please work with Student Billing to make sure your bill is paid prior to your move-in date.
All questions regarding your bill should be directed to the following offices:
- Business Office - firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.879.7900
- Student Financial Assistance - email@example.com or 617.879.7849
- Registrar's Office - firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.879.7272
License Agreement (new students only)
In mid-June you will receive your room assignment email with a link to fill out your residence hall license agreement. You will need to fill out this contract and mail it to the provided address in order to confirm your assignment. If you do not submit your license agreement your assignment will not be honored and you will be unable to move in.
Health Records (new students only)
You are required to submit your immunizations record to the Counseling and Wellness Center prior to move-in. If you have any questions, please direct them to email@example.com.
The "Big" day!
New Student Move-In - Saturday, August 31
For new students, formal move-in will be on Saturday, August 31. You will be pre-assigned a time slot for move-in that will be emailed to you, along with other detailed information, in early August. We ask that you please honor the time slot you are given to help make this day go smoothly for all students. If you are unable to make your pre-assigned slot, you will be allowed to check in from 1:00pm to 5:00pm on your assigned day. Due to necessary preparations, no one will be allowed to move in prior to 7:00am on their assigned day.
Move-in is an idling unload/drop-off process. The process of unloading must occur while the student is checking into their residence hall. We will have students available to help during this process. Once the car is unloaded, you will immediately be directed to a nearby parking lot.
Returning Student Move-In - Monday, September 2
For returning students, formal move-in will be on Monday, September 2 (time frame to be determined). You will be pre-assigned a time slot for move-in that will be emailed to you along with other detailed information, in early August. We ask that you please honor the time slot you are given to help make this day go smoothly for all students checking in.
A map with directions will be emailed to you in early August. These directions are specifically written for moving into the building you have been assigned to, the day you move in, and the time in which you have been assigned to show up. We urge you to look over this information carefully.
There will be a limited number of moving bins that may be used to move your belongings into the building. Please understand that you will need to go through the check-in process before you will be able to get a moving bin. An ID (student ID or driver's license) will need to be left in order to check out a moving bin. To ensure that everyone will be able to utilize the moving bins, there will be a 45 minute time limit for their use. Your assistance in adhering to the time limit is appreciated
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE "BIG" DAY?
- Starting the Day: You grab some breakfast, load the car, and arrive at MassArt for your move-in time and day
- Salutations: You will be greeted by MANY MassArt leaders, returning students, staff and perhaps the College president as your car rolls up curbside to unload
- Separation: This is where you (meaning the student) take a walk to the check-in table while family and friends unload the car. A helper will greet you at your car and start unloading.You will have 30-45 minutes to complete this process
- From Start to Finish: We have this event planned! It will only take you an estimated 45 minutes to pull up curbside, unload your car, move in, get to your room, unload your belongings, and set-up shop
- Orientation: Learn more about Orientation for the Class of 2023