You are here
MassArt participates in four cross registration programs, which allow full time MassArt students to take courses at participating schools. Cross-registration is only available during the fall and spring terms.
This is a good option if you find you are having difficulty filling your schedule or if you would like to investigate other areas of the arts or academic disciplines not included in the MassArt curriculum.
You will pay for full-time status at MassArt as usual, but be able to attend the other schools. First year students are not eligible for cross-registration. Full-time graduate students may cross-register at M.I.T. and University of Massachusetts Boston only.
- ProArtsConsortium Schools: Berklee College of Music, Boston Architectural College, Boston Conservatory at Berklee, Emerson College, New England Conservatory, School of Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts (Note: MassArt students cannot take Critical Studies courses through the SMFA)
Update: Suspended Registration
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, the ProArts Consortium Board has suspended cross-registration for the Fall 2020 semester. As a result, registration for courses at member ProArts institutions will not be available for MassArt students this fall semester.
- Public Colleges: Bunker Hill Community College, Roxbury Community College, University of Massachusetts, Boston
- College Academic Program Sharing (CAPS): Bridgewater State University, Fitchburg State University, Framingham State University, Massachusetts College of the Liberal Arts, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, Salem State University, Worcester State University
- Colleges of the Fenway Consortium (COF): Emmanuel College, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Simmons College, Wentworth Institute of Technology
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT): Open to full time sophomores, juniors and seniors and graduate students
In order for cross-registration courses to transfer appropriate credit to MassArt, they must be either be 3 credit courses or multiple courses in the same subject that total 3 credits. For example, a 1 credit choral performance class and a 2 credit vocal pedagogy class at Berklee would transfer to MassArt as 1 cross-registration, 3 credit course. The SMFA is the only exception to this rule. SMFA 1.5 credit classes have the same amount of credit hours as a 3 credit MassArt course and are transferred to MassArt as 3 credit classes. Graduate students may only transfer graduate credits.