You are here
MassArt's Bursar's Office is responsible for billing students and managing student accounts. Student semester bills are based on the student's residency status, the number of credits for which the student has pre-registered, College fees, and applicable residence hall charges.
Fall semester bills are available in July, and spring bills in November. The student bill lists the payment due date (generally 3 weeks after the bills are issued). Settling bills by the due date ensures enrollment in pre-registered classes and a smooth start to the semester.
Paying Your Bill
To view bills, students may log in to their student Self-Service account. Students may contact the Business Office with specific inquiries about their charges.
Students can settle their account in one of the following ways:
- Online on the student Self-Service site, payments via Credit, or e-check can be made instantly. View instructions on how to make a payment in Self-Service.
- Cashier's or personal check, or a money order payable to "Massachusetts College of Art and Design." Please include the student ID number on the bottom of the check, send check payable to "Massachusetts College of Art and Design" to: Attn: Business Office, Massachusetts College of Art and Design, 621 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115 USA (or in person, 8th Floor Tower)
- Wire transfer - students and families living abroad often find wire transfer the most efficient way to pay their account balance. All charges for the cost of the wire transfer are borne by the sender - this includes fees by the originating bank and any intermediary banks. Please allow two weeks for processing and bank confirmation. The Wire Transfer Payment Notification (PDF) will help process a wire transfer through a bank to pay MassArt for Tuition and Fees. For more information regarding wire transfer instructions, students and families should contact the Business Office
Please Note: Failure to meet payment requirements by the deadline will result in students being charged a $200 late fee. If the bill remains unpaid your class schedule will be dropped and you will not be allowed to move into on campus housing. Students will not be allowed reinstatement back into classes/housing until the bill has been paid in full.
Additionally college services will be put on hold the student will not be able to register for future terms or receive transcripts. The student could have their balances transferred to a collection agency. This would make them responsible for paying the balance due to MassArt as well as any collection fees added by the collection agency State payment intercept. Tax refunds or other state payments that would otherwise be sent to the student would be intercepted by the state Comptroller's office and sent to MassArt to pay your balance.
Payment Plan OPTIONS
MassArt’s Payment Plan is available to students who need an option for paying tuition and fees not covered by Financial Aid and/or other sources.
Instructions for Setting Up a Payment Plan in Self-Service
|Start Date||End Date||Down payment||# of payments|
|Late June||July 15||0%||4|
|July 16||August 15||25%||3|
|August 16||September 15||50%||2|
|Start Date||End Date||Down payment||# of payments|
|November 16||December 15||0%||4|
|December 16||January 15||25%||3|
|January 16||February 15||50%||2|
- There is a $50 per semester non-refundable enrollment fee per agreement for using the payment plan.
- There is a $30 non refundable returned payment fee if a payment is returned.
- Electronic Check
- Credit card/debit card (Service Fee 2.65%)
Payments are due the 15th of the month through Self-Service. Automatic payments are not available.
Students, if someone will be making payments on your behalf, you must add them as a Proxy.
Authorized payers, if you are paying on behalf of the student, the student must set up their account first and then add you as a Proxy.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
Students who have completed their Financial Aid Checklist in Self Service will see the financial aid they have accepted as a pending credit on their student bill. If a student plans to use financial aid to settle the account and it does not appear on the bill, please contact MassArt's Office of Student Financial Assistance.
Some students receive scholarships or grants from organizations outside of MassArt (examples: Rotary Club, Boston Globe, City scholarships, etc.). A copy of the scholarship letter should be sent to Financial Aid. They will enter the scholarship into the system and it will become part of your Pending Aid.
Understanding Your Account Statement
To help you understand your own bill, the Business Office has developed a helpful guide to MassArt Self-Service.
To help students in need of books and supplies during the Add/Drop period before funds are released.
Your estimated financial aid package must exceed your financial obligation to MassArt for the current semester in order to qualify for the bookstore voucher. The voucher is an available line of credit that can only be used at the MassArt Art Supply & Bookstore to be used for textbooks and course related supplies.
Massachusetts College of Art and Design
621 Huntington Avenue
Boston MA 02115
Hours: 9:00am - 5:00pm
email@example.com • 617.879.7900