You are here
Artward Bound Application
You may apply to Artward Bound if:
- You are a current 8th, 9th or 10th grade student
- You live in Boston
- You currently attend a Boston district, pilot, exam, or charter school
- You do not currently attend Boston Arts Academy or Boston Latin School
- You are income eligible. To be eligible for Artward Bound, your household income must be at or below 80% of the area median income (AMI) for Boston
Artward Bound is accepting applications for rising 9th and 10th graders on a rolling basis to begin in the Fall of 2023!
PREPARE YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS
A half-page essay describing why you would like to be selected to participate in Artward Bound.
Two pieces of artwork of your choice from the following drawing prompts:
• Create a drawing that fills the entire paper
• Create a drawing of an object that is important to you
• Draw an originally created character
A paper that you have written for a current class or a paper that you are most proud of (such as journal writing, a creative writing assignment, a poem, musical lyrics)
A complete academic transcript that lists your current and past courses and grades. Please ask your guidance counselor or principal for this.
The letter must be from a teacher who knows your work as a student or someone from your community (but outside your family) like an athletic coach, pastor/minister, or youth organization leader or instructor.