You are here
Travel Signatures for F-1 Students
What is a Travel Signature?
An endorsement that an F-1 student is eligible to re-enter the United States indicated by their International Student Advisor's signature on p. 2 of your most recently issued I-20 document.
How long is a Travel Signature valid for?
- Valid to enter the US for 1 year from the date of issue (see exception below)
- Valid to enter the US for 6 months from the date of issue if you are entering from Canada, Mexico or other bordering territories
- Valid for 6 months from the date of issue if you are on Post-completion Optional Practical Training
- Valid for admission to the United States only if presented with a valid F-1 visa and passport
What documents are required for *F-1 students to re-enter the US?
- Please see our section on documents to carry when traveling outside of the U.S.
How do I request a travel signature on my I-20?
- Ensure that you have all the required documents in order to reenter the United States
- Complete the Travel Signature Request Form
- Your international student advisor will issue a new I-20 document for you with an updated travel signature and email it to your MassArt email address indicated on the form
- Please note electronic issued signatures on I-20s are accepted per this guidance