Skip to Content
Contact Us

Currently Enrolled International Students:

Maggie Shirland International Student Advisor, International Education Center

Call: (508) 250-0298

Erica Puccio O'Brien Director, International Education Center

Call: (617) 879-7716

MassArt is an environment that provides me with a strong support system. As an international student, I greatly appreciate the efforts that are made to allow students like me to feel welcome. Nidhi Buty Illustration '23

It is critically important to maintain your legal status during your entire stay in the U.S. The International Education Center is here to support you and answer questions you may have. Please remember your MassArt international student advisors are the only people qualified to answer your immigration (visa)-related questions. We are here to help you! Click below to learn more about topics such as reporting a change of address, the process to extend your program, taking a Leave of Absence, and how to obtain a Driver’s License or State ID. 

Maintaining F-1 Status for International Students

The International Education Center can authorize F-1 international students to work on-campus and participate in Practical Training experiences in certain circumstances and with specific limitations, such as allowable working hours per week. Current students can find answers to questions on employment-related topics below. We hope you will take advantage of internship and on-campus employment opportunities!

Employment for International Students

F-1 International students are welcome to travel both within and outside of the U.S. during their degree program. They must be aware of – and carefully follow – the regulations around travel, and the IEC is here to help.

Travel for International Students

image description
621 Huntington Ave,
Boston, MA 02115

(617) 879-7000