You are here
The Academic Resource Center is pleased to partner with the Massachusetts Inclusive Concurrent Enrollment Initiative (MAICEI).
The MAICEI@MassArt program provides an inclusive education for eligible high school students with intellectual disabilities and/or autism. Students can increase their academic, social, and career outcomes by sharing the same experiences as their college peers and enrolling in undergraduate courses as non-degree-seeking students. MAICEI@MassArt students enroll in one class each semester, attend a weekly seminar led by the Program Coordinator, and participate in extracurricular activities at MassArt and the Colleges of The Fenway.
To be eligible for MAICEI@MassArt, students must meet one of the following criteria:
- A current high school student, age 18-22, who has not passed the MCAS exam and is eligible for special education services as documented through an Individualized Education Program (IEP); or,
- A current high school student, age 20-21, who has passed the MCAS, but is still eligible for special education as documented through an Individualized Education Program (IEP).
Eligible students interested in taking part in MAICEI@MassArt are encouraged to discuss their options with their school district. To be considered for the program students must complete an application, which includes a digital portfolio and interview with the MAICEI@MassArt Program Coordinator. The student’s school district will provide an educational coach, who will accompany the student to class and assist with the transition process.
Students participating in MAICEI must:
- Have a primary intellectual or autism spectrum disability
- Be between the ages of 18-22 upon admission to the program (5th year of high school)
- Have successfully obtained high school accommodations and/or other instructional support
- Have a current IEP
- Have basic math skills and be able to use a calculator
- Have a reading ability that is at least third-grade level
- Have a means of independent communication
- Have a satisfactory record of school attendance
- Attend classes, including during district vacations
- Possess an official Massachusetts ID or valid passport
- Be able to access email
For more information, please contact Amante Coppes, MAICEI@MassArt Program Coordinator at email@example.com