You are here
Justice, Equity, Transformation
The goals of the JET office are to guide and lead work that achieves systemic equity in all areas of the educational institution through transformation of campus culture.
transformative learning and teaching
Methodologies and curricula will be supported with new frameworks of understanding that engage faculty, staff, students, and community partners. Signature programs include:
- Anti-Racism Dialogues are meant to increase our capacity to have courageous conversations about race and racism. This approach is grounded in the belief that individual change is simultaneous to addressing institutional racism.
- Tyrone Maurice Adderley Lecture in response to the suicide of student Tyrone Maurice Aderley, a talented and popular painting student, MassArt made a commitment to increasing its recognition of multiple viewpoints and the presentation of artists outside the mainstream. In his memory, faculty organized a lecture series to bring artists from underrepresented groups to give an honorary lecture to share their work and wisdom.
- Thriving Classrooms is a series of workshops aimed at building community and collaboration between departments. Resources will be provided to navigate issues impacting students in the classroom, studios, and beyond where everyone can thrive.
Artward Bound and Compass light a pathway to art and design education by supporting first generation college students with resources, opportunities and support from high school (Artward Bound) to college (Compass). Artward Bound and Compass develop rigorous creative and critical thinking skills in young artists and designers to thrive as their most authentic selves.
- Artward Bound is a free four-year college access program that prepares 9-12th grade Boston-area students interested in art and design with the artistic, academic, and life skills needed to thrive in college and beyond.
- Compass Program is a mentoring program that supports undergraduate students with advising, tutoring, and navigating issues of transition in academic, creative, social, cultural and personal areas.
Retention and Mentoring
JET facilitates programmatic connections that support curricular and co-curricular retention and mentoring initiatives for students, staff, and faculty. JET support extends but is not limited to those who identify as ALAANA, BIPOC, DACA, LGBTQ, and international community members.
Tower Building, 11th Floor • firstname.lastname@example.org • 617.879.7920