You are here
Housing Cancellation Policy
All cancellations or terminations of license agreement must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by the Office of Housing and Residence Life before the deadline or the request will be placed in the next cancellation period and subject to those conditions. Cancellation or termination of license agreement emails must be sent from the student's MassArt email address, or the email address listed on the student's Housing Application, and should include the student's full name and MassArt ID number. If you are working with another office to separate from the college (medical leave, withdrawal, personal leave, etc) please inform the housing office as well.
Please note, housing agreements in spaces leased from third parties through MassArt have different cancellation terms. Please refer to the specific license agreement for those terms.
For cancellations received prior to August 1 for Academic Year Assignments and January 2 for new spring assignments:
- The non-refundable housing deposit will be forfeited.
For cancellations received on/after August 1, or January 2 for new spring assignments and before day of occupancy:
- The day of occupancy is considered the day of Fall check-in or Spring check-in. This date is established by Housing.
Student will be billed $1400 if the vacancy cannot be filled with a student new to housing (not already on-campus).
For terminations of license agreement (cancellation) received on after day of occupancy and by the end of add/drop
- Student will be billed $1,400.
For terminations of license agreement received after add/drop and before October 31 or March 16 for the spring semester:
- Student will be billed $2,700.
For terminations of license agreement received after the October 31 or March 16 and prior to the end of the current semester enrolled:
- Student will be billed for 100% of the rent for that semester.
For mid-year terminations of License Agreement:
- Termination of License Agreement received for the subsequent semester: If a student cancels appropriately with the Office of Housing and Residence Life, and vacates room by the last day of the preceding semester, the student will be billed a $1,400 of the subsequent semester's rent if the vacancy cannot be filled with a student new to housing (not already on-campus).
Please speak with the Business Office if you have questions regarding your account information. They are located on the 8th Floor of the Tower Building and can be reached at email@example.com or 617.879.7900.
The Office of Housing and Residence Life is open Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm. If the last day of the month lands on a Saturday or Sunday, the cancellation deadline for that month will be the preceding Friday before 5:00pm.
Cancellations sent by mail or fax must be received by the Office of Housing and Residence Life by the deadline, or they will be placed in the next cancellation period and subject to those conditions.