You are here
Housing Cancellation Policy
All cancellations / terminations of license agreement must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by the Office of Housing and Residence Life before the deadline or the request will be placed in the next cancellation period and subject to those conditions. Cancellation / termination of license agreement emails must be sent from the student's MassArt email address, or the email address listed on the student's Housing Application, and should include the student's full name and MassArt ID number. If you are working with another office to separate from the college (medical leave, withdrawal, personal leave, etc) please inform the housing office as well.
Cancellation received prior to August 1 for Academic Year Assignments and January 2 for new spring assignments
- The non-refundable housing deposit will be forfeited.
Cancellation is received on/after August 1 / January 2 for new spring assignments and before day of occupancy
- Occupancy is considered the day of Fall check-in or Spring check-in. Date is established by Housing: Student will be billed $1400 if the vacancy cannot be filled with a student new to housing (not already on-campus).
Termination of license agreement (cancellation) received on after day of occupancy and by the end of add/drop
- Student will be billed $1,400.
Termination of license agreement received after add/drop and before October 31 / March 16
- Student will be billed $2,700.
Termination of license agreement received after the October 31 / March 16 and prior to the end of the current semester enrolled
- Student will be billed for 100% of the rent for that semester.
Mid-year termination of License Agreement
- Termination of License Agreement received for the subsequent semester: If a student cancels appropriately with the Office of Housing and Residence Life, and vacates room by the last day of the preceding semester, the student will be billed a $1,400 of the subsequent semester's rent if the vacancy cannot be filled with a student new to housing (not already on-campus).
Please speak with the Business Office in Tower 8 or at email@example.com or 617.879.7900 if you have questions regarding your account information.
The Office of Housing and Residence Life is open Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm, If the last day of the month lands on a Saturday or Sunday, the cancellation deadline for that month will be the preceding Friday before 5:00pm.
Cancellations sent by mail or fax must be received by the Office of Housing and Residence Life by the deadline or they will be placed in the next cancellation period and subject to those conditions.