You are here
Joe Quackenbush is the Chairperson of the Communication Design department at the Massachusetts College of Art and Design in Boston, MA, where he teaches courses in typography, interaction design, information architecture, design research, and professional practice.
He developed the design curriculum and is lead design faculty for the Creative Continuum: Business and the Creative Process program, a joint venture between MassArt and Bentley University. Founded in 2007, the Creative Continuum is a 3-week professional business/design thinking program for artists and designers. Students explore the core principles of business while working on a design thinking field case study. He has led field case studies for Blue Cross Blue Shield, Constant Contact, Converse, Dunkin’ Donuts, Fidelity Investments, Hill Holliday, N-Star, Reebok, and Staples.
Before joining MassArt in 2005, Joe was an adjunct professor at The Rhode Island School of Design for nine years where he taught both undergraduate and graduate courses. He has also taught at Clark University, Bentley University, and the University of Hartford.
Joe has an MFA in graphic design from the Rhode Island School of Design (Providence, RI) and a BA in English from Oakland University (Rochester, MI).
Joe is the founder of Quackenbush Design which has been helping educational institutions, non-profit organizations, and corporations communicate effectively through good design since 1997.
- Akamai Technologies
- Arthur Andersen
- Big Picture Company
- Boston Athenaeum
- Bryant University
- International Data Group
- Rhode Island Small Business Development Center
- Sarnoff Corporation
- Stainless Steel Studios
- The Center for Design and Business
- The Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- The New York Times
- Primary Source
- The Rhode Island School of Design
- Second Nature
- The University of Pennsylvania Graduate School of Education
- Xylem Inc
- 2013 - Selections, Faculty Exhibit, Massachusetts College of Art
- 2006 - Faculty Exhibit, Massachusetts College of Art
- 2003 - Faculty Biennial, Rhode Island School of Design
- 1996 - Exhibit for cabaret production of “Ubu Roi,” Rhode Island School of Design
- 1996 - Graduate Exhibition, Rhode Island School of Design