You are here
Housing Information For Current Students
The Office of Housing and Residence Life, in coordination with offices across campus, is working diligently on a plan for next year’s campus housing program. Below you will find updated information on the housing lottery process for the 2024-2025 academic year.
The housing lottery information presented on these pages is subject to change as deemed necessary by the Office of Housing and Residence Life. To make sure that students are receiving up-to-date information, please check MassArt email daily as the Office relies heavily on students' MassArt email addresses to communicate information.
MassArt utilizes a housing management software called THD (The Housing Director) for our processes and assignment information, including the housing lottery process for current students to select housing for next year. To access this site students will need to go to the below link and sign in with their MassArt credentials.
All students must meet all deadlines and have no outstanding financial obligations to the college and/or Capstone Management. This includes all residence hall damage fees and community standards sanctions. Students must also be in good disciplinary standing.
TO BE GUARANTEED HOUSING
Current first time college students who spend their entire first year in campus housing will be guaranteed a second consecutive year in housing. All published deadlines must be met in order to be guaranteed housing.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Housing lottery applications will be available in THD at Noon on Thursday, January 18, 2024. If you wish to participate in the housing lottery for the 2024-2025 academic year, you must do the following:
- Complete the THD housing lottery application by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 27, 2024.
- GUARANTEED STUDENTS ONLY: Housing Lottery availability information and a roommate request process will be open to students between January 29th - March 1st. More detailed information about this will be sent out on January 29th.
- NON-GUARANTEED STUDENTS ONLY: On Friday, March 1st, a limited number of non-guaranteed applicants will be randomly selected to participate in room selection.Those who are not selected to participate due to limited space will be notified and given information on how to sign up for the waiting list. Off-campus housing resources and information will also be included in this email.
- Eligible students will find their Room Selection start time available in the THD housing portal as of 5:00 p.m. on Monday, March 11th. An email with more information will be sent out once students’ start times have been posted.
- Login to THD at your assigned time on Sunday, March 17th, to select your space for next year and sign your license agreement.
- Pay the $240 housing deposit through Student Self Service. The deposit will be added to the student accounts for all students who select a space in housing for next year. Deposit payments will be due by April 2nd and are required to finalize a student’s assignment.
On Sunday, March 17th, students will be able to log into THD at their assigned start time and select their space for next year. These start times will be posted in THD at 5:00 p.m. on Monday, March 11th and an email will be sent out notifying students that they are available.
All license agreements are for the full academic year (September 2024 to May 2025). Unfortunately, the Office is not able to offer housing for just one semester. Students who are not intending to be at MassArt for the full academic year should pursue off-campus housing options.
PAYING THE REQUIRED DEPOSIT
Within a few days after the room selection on March 17th, a $240 non-refundable housing deposit will be added to the student accounts of those who selected a space during room selection and made available for payment in Student Self Service. Any student who does not pay their deposit by the April 2nd deadline will be removed from their selected space.