You are here
Code of Conduct
The Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) at Massachusetts College of Art and Design is a member of NASFAA, the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators. We abide by NASFAA’s Code of Conduct for Institutional Financial Aid Professionals which states that an institutional financial aid professional is expected to always maintain exemplary standards of professional conduct in all aspects of carrying out his or her responsibilities, specifically including all dealings with any entities involved in any manner in student financial aid, regardless of whether such entities are involved in a government sponsored, subsidized, or regulated activity. In doing so, each member of the OSFA at MassArt is bound by the following:
- Refrain from taking any action for his or her personal benefit.
- Refrain from taking any action he or she believes is contrary to law, regulation, or the best interests of the students and parents he or she serves.
- Ensure that the information he or she provides is accurate, unbiased, and does not reflect any preference arising from actual or potential personal gain.
- Remain objective in making decisions and advising the administration of Massachusetts College of Art and Design regarding relationships with any entity involved in any aspect of student financial aid.
- Refrain from soliciting or accepting anything other than of nominal value from any entity involved in the making, holding, consolidating or processing of any student loans, including anything of value (including reimbursement of expenses) for serving on an advisory board or as part of a training activity of or sponsored by any such entity.
- Disclose to the administration of Massachusetts College of Art and Design any involvement with or interest in any entity involved in any aspect of student financial aid.
firstname.lastname@example.org • P: 617.879.7849 • F: 617.879.7880