Artward Bound is the nation's first four-year, art-centric college prep program that helps Boston Public High School students from freshman year through graduation.
- Passionate about art and design and have an interest in attending art school?
- Live and go to school in Boston?
- Experience lack of access to the arts?
- Have financial need?
Artward Bound is accepting applications for rising 9th and 10th graders on a rolling basis to begin in the Fall of 2023!
Artward Bound starts with a six-week Summer Session that includes academic mornings and intensive art-making afternoons. During the school year, students take part in art classes twice a week, which include visits to museums, studios, and career-building workshops.
- Requires a commitment from students and families for all four years of high school (including summers)
- Art and design instruction and academic tutoring available for all students to ensure success
- MBTA passes and stipends available for students
"Artward Bound has shown me how to see differently and to be my own person. They’ve helped me to explore what I love and do what I love, and how to express myself freely but also safely." - Taylor Adams-Bass, BFA Illustration '23
Students by the Numbers
STUDENTS OF COLOR
OF STUDENTS STUDY
By giving to Artward Bound, you provide endless opportunities to Boston-area youth. Your donation supports students who are committed to their future. Help our Artward Bound students believe in themselves by giving the gift of education.