Artward Bound's mission is clear: bring local voices of color to the forefront of the art industry. Since its start in 2011, Artward Bound has provided Boston students with access to the arts and an enriching pathway to college and beyond through 100% free year-round programming.
- Passionate about art and design and have an interest in attending art school?
- Live and go to school in Boston?
- Experience lack of access to the arts?
- Have financial need?
Artward Bound is accepting applications for 9th and 10th graders to start in the spring of 2023! Applicants are encouraged to submit before the February 10th, 2023 deadline.
"Artward Bound has helped me so much through the years. The program and people have shown me how to see differently and to be my own person. They’ve helped me to explore what I love and do what I love, and how to express myself freely but also safely."
- Taylor Adams-Bass, Brockton High School
Artward Bound is a free 4-year program that prepares 9th-12th grade students interested in visual arts and design with the artistic and academic skills needed for admission to and success at an art/design college or other post-secondary institution.
Artward Bound starts with a six-week Summer Session that includes academic mornings and intensive art-making afternoons. During the school year, students take part in art classes twice a week, which include visits to museums, studios, and career-building workshops.
- Requires a commitment from students and families for all four years of high school (including summers)
- Art and design instruction and academic tutoring available for all students to ensure success
- MBTA passes and stipends available for students
Students by the Numbers
STUDENTS OF COLOR
OF STUDENTS STUDY
In the News
Uniquely Boston: Free College Prep Program Focused on Art
NBC Boston focused a segment on Artward Bound, a free four-year college access program that prepares 9-12th grade Boston-area students interested in art and design with the artistic, academic, and life skills needed to thrive in college and beyond.