Artward Bound is the nation's first art-centric college prep program that helps Boston Public High School students from freshman year through graduation. It's fully funded, allowing students to learn and practice their art free of charge on the MassArt campus.
- Passionate about art and design and have an interest in attending art school?
- Live and go to school in Boston?
- Experience lack of access to the arts?
- Have financial need?
Artward Bound is accepting applications for current 8th, 9th, and 10th-grade students to begin in the summer of 2023! Applicants are encouraged to apply before the May 12, 2023 deadline.
Artward Bound starts with a six-week Summer Session that includes academic mornings and intensive art-making afternoons. During the school year, students take part in art classes twice a week, which include visits to museums, studios, and career-building workshops.
- Requires a commitment from students and families for all four years of high school (including summers)
- Art and design instruction and academic tutoring available for all students to ensure success
- MBTA passes and stipends available for students
Program Curriculum & Structure
"Artward Bound has shown me how to see differently and to be my own person. They’ve helped me to explore what I love and do what I love, and how to express myself freely but also safely." - Taylor Adams-Bass, BFA Illustration '23
Students by the Numbers
STUDENTS OF COLOR
OF STUDENTS STUDY
By giving to Artward Bound, you provide endless opportunities to Boston-area youth. Your donation supports students who are committed to their future. Help our Artward Bound students believe in themselves by giving the gift of education.