You are here
Many vendors provide discounted services, tools, applications, hardware and equipment to students, faculty and staff. You will need to provide proof (such as your MassArt ID) that you are a MassArt community member when purchasing from any suppliers.
Academic discounts (about 10% off MRP) for Apple products are available at the Apple Education Store. A variety of Apple products including Macbooks and iPads are available to current and newly accepted college students and their parents, as well as faculty and staff.
- Dell laptops: Students, staff and faculty can purchase Dell computers through the Employee and Education Purchasing program (EPP)
- Lenovo laptops: Students, staff and faculty can purchase Lenovo computers through their website directly
Academic discounts on other products are also available from the following vendors:
Student subscriptions are FREE with your MassArt NetId and password.
AutoDesk engineering and design products, are free for faculty and students. You may need to register with Autodesk, Apple (for products though the App Store), or others.
InVision is a design prototyping tool that lets you wire up bitmaps to create clickable functional prototypes. It is free for education. Registration is required as well as the MassArt code: 56-73-13-19.
A 12 month student lease costs $59. Note, $39 of this can be credited towards a full license if purchased within the year. Full package is $250.
Full package is $195; proof of status is required.
Residence Hall Information
MassArt provides WiFi access across the campus, including the residence halls.
For instructions on how to connect to the WiFi, please review our How to: Connecting to the MassArt Wireless (WiFi) network wiki article.
MassArt utilizes Papercut, a print management software which is connected to users' NetID. Each enrolled student at the College receives a quota of $25 which approximates to 833 pages in black and white or 71 pages in color laser prints. Each enrolled student receives a print quota each semester. When this quota is reached, users pay for printing. Funds can be added using the Fenway Card with a credit card or through top-up cards available at the Campus Bookstore or via the Office of Financial Assistance for students with financial hardship.
To add money to your account:
- Visit Quick Add Value
- Input your Last Name and MassArt ID number and verify this informaiton
- Input the amount of money you'd like to add, and fill in your credit card information. Please note that PaperCut only accepts increments of $2, $5, and $10 so make sure the amount you add can be broken down into some combination of those amounts.
- Once you receive an approval number, visit Papercut
- Select "Add Credit"
- Enter your 16 Digit Fenway Cash Card Number (below your Student ID number)
- Select an amount of money from the drop down menu and click "Add Value"
For top-up cards:
- Obtain a top-up card from the campus bookstore or Office of Financial Aid. They are available in increments of $5, $10, $20, and $50
- Visit Papercut and enter your 16 Digit Fenway Cash Card Number (below your Student ID number)
- Click on "Redeem card" in the menu on the left of the screen
- Enter the code on the front of the card
Technology Knowledge Base (TKB)
The Technology Knowledge Base, or TKB, is a public repository of information about the use of technology at MassArt, including documentation and help for standard services provided to students, faculty, and staff. It is intended for both technical and non-technical audiences.
Many additional resources are available in the TKB should you have specific questions about accounts, applications, equipment and more.