You are here
Each spring, students from area colleges form a four-person team and participate in an "Iron Print" competition to create an edition of 10 prints. An orientation occurs one week before the event. During that week, each team can plan their approach to making their image.
On the day of the event, within a set time limit, the teams compete against each other to create their image. It must combine lithography, intaglio, relief, and silkscreen, and incorporate a bag of mystery ingredients as well.
A panel of professional artists judge each teams’ edition based on the quality of their image, the quality of their edition printing, their team work, and their sheer creativity. Prizes are awarded at the end of the day.
- Massachusetts College of Art and Design
- College of Fine Arts, Boston University
- School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Tufts University
- College of Art and Design, Lesley University
- To build connections between students from different schools
- To foster a sense of community
- To showcase the talents and strengths of each school
- To have fun!
|8:30am||Breakfast for participants|
|9:00 – 9:15am||Introduction of teams and coaches (team shirts, names encouraged!), mystery ingredients distributed & rules explained|
|9:15 – 12:00am||Competition begins|
|12:00 – 12:30pm||Lunch break (lunch provided for participants)|
|12:30 – 2:30pm||Competition ends|
|2:30 – 3:15pm||Judging and clean up of studio|
|3:15pm||Awarding of Prizes|