You are here
The Massachusetts College of Art and Design Distinguished Alumni Award recognizes the outstanding accomplishments, service, and impact our alumni have made in their professional practice and in their communities. The award is an honor of high distinction presented biannually to an individual who embodies MassArt’s most cherished values and meets certain criteria.
2020 Alumni award nominations
The Massachusetts College of Art and Design Alumni Association is currently seeking nominations from the MassArt community to help identify those who are worthy of recognition as Distinguished Alumni of the college. The nomination process for the MassArt Alumni Award involves all of us and your participation is a vital part of the award process.
The award will be presented at our signature MassArt Alumni Award event to be held at the College in November 2020.
Thank you for your participation! Please direct any questions about this process to Darlene Gillan at email@example.com.
Deadline for Submissions: January 20, 2020
Alumni award criteria
MassArt Distinguished Alumni will consistently demonstrate at least one of the criteria listed below:
- Mastery - Nominee has developed a mature body of work, achieved an outstanding level of recognition during a significant career in the arts, or has significantly influenced contemporary practice through their creative accomplishments
- MassArt Spirit - Embodies the character of MassArt
- Mission and Values - Sustains advocacy for the mission and values of the college, either through actions or philanthropic support
- Innovation - Advances the potential, pushes the boundaries of expectation, or creates new ways of thinking in their field of practice
- Creative Economy - Nominee has made significant contributions to the creative economy either through their work or through professional-to-student involvement
- Citizenship and Community - Engages in the well-being of society or has made a significant commitment to community service through the arts. Fosters community-building, diversity, good citizenship, inclusiveness, sustainability, or social justice
- Young Alumni Achiever (Emerging Alumni Achiever) - Outstanding achievement by a MassArt alum in the first 10 years post-graduation
Who is eligible to nominate someone to be considered for a MassArt Distinguished Alumni award?
Nominations are welcomed from MassArt alumni, faculty, staff, students, and friends of the college. You may nominate more than one person, but please submit a separate nomination form for each individual.
Who can be nominated for a MassArt Distinguished Alumni Award?
MassArt alumni can be nominated individually or as key members of a collective or organization.
When is the nomination period?
Nominations will be accepted from December 9 – January 20, 2020.
How is the MassArt Distinguished Alumni Award honoree selected?
Honoree is selected by a committee of alumni, faculty, and staff, from nominations made by the MassArt community and friends of the college.
When will this year’s honorees be announced?
The 2020 Alumni Award honoree will be announced in August 2020.