You are here
Services and Resources
Career Development offers the following services and resources. All matriculated students enrolled in MassArt’s BFA, Graduate and Certificate degree programs (and alumni from those programs) are encouraged to use Career Development.
- Career & Internship Advising
- Job & Internship Listings
- MassArt Portfolios
- Internship Program
- Resume and Cover Letter Help
- Career Resource Library
- Workshops & Events
- Scholarship Listings
Career Development offers one-on-one appointments to advise and guide matriculated students and alumni with their job or internship search. See this Creative Career Guide to what career related tasks students should do each year at MassArt. Students and alumni can self-schedule appointments for career or internship advising through their Handshake account online (go to Career Center in the upper menu and select Appointments in the dropdown.) Questions or trouble with the site? Contact us: email@example.com.
Career Development lists paid art & design jobs (full time, part time, contract/freelance) and qualifying academic internships on Handshake. We also list student leadership and both on/off campus work study jobs for students.
- Students login with your MassArt Net ID/Password.
- Alumni please email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an account or change your email
MassArt students, alumni, faculty and staff may showcase their work to employers recruiting for MassArt talent at portfolios.massart.edu, which is powered by Behance.
Career Development manages MassArt’s credit-bearing internship program which provides structured academic internship experiences that prepare MassArt students for creative careers. Learn more about Internships.
We offer cover letter and resume templates as well as one-on-one resume critiques. Find resume and cover letter templates and guides in the Career Resource Library. Students and alumni can self-schedule appointments for resume critiques through their Handshake account online (go to Career Center in the upper menu and select Appointments in the dropdown.) Questions or trouble with the site? Contact us: email@example.com.
Career related workshops and events are offered each semester including information sessions for internships, interview help, panel discussions, portfolio reviews, and our annual spring Internship & Job Fair. Please RSVP for upcoming workshops listed on the MassArt Calendar.
In addition to job and internship listings, your Handshake account will give you access to current scholarships.
Art schools around the USA who are members of the Association of Independent Colleges of Art and Design (AICAD) may allow you to access their career services office and job listings. In exchange, we will allow one of their students or graduates to use our services. This arrangement is referred to as reciprocity.
- To apply for reciprocity, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org: Your full name, Address, Phone number, Major, Degree earned, Graduation date
- Choose from the list of AICAD institutions on: AICAD.org. Please know that the institutions located in NYC are not accepting reciprocity requests. An NYC resource that may be helpful to you is nyfa.org
- Please do not select multiple institutions. You may be required to visit the selected office in person to access their services
- We will send an email requesting reciprocity for you to the college you have selected. You will receive a copy of the email as well
- We will notify you if the request is denied. This may occur if the career services office at the college you have chosen has been overwhelmed with requests for reciprocity
- If accepted, reciprocity is generally valid for 3-12 months, depending on the institution