You are here
Student Instructions for Assigning a Proxy
Proxy access provides an opportunity for students to grant online access to their information using Self Service. This is called granting “proxy access” and the other person is referred to as the proxy. The most common scenario is granting a parent or spouse access to a student’s information. Access is granted by the student, who must provide a valid email address as well as other information for the designated proxy.
Please contact the MassArt Helpdesk with any questions at email@example.com.
- Access Self Service directly. Enter your Net ID, then click Continue. You will be asked for your password on the following screen.
- Once you are logged in, click on your username at the top of the screen, and select View/Add Proxy Access. If you already have proxies assigned, you will see them listed under Active Proxies. To add a Proxy, scroll down to Add a Proxy and in the Select a Proxy drop down menu, select Add Another User.
- Fill out Proxy Information. Fields with an asterisk (*) are required. You can either Allow Complete Access or Allow Select Access to selected areas.
- Be sure to click the Authorize checkbox in the Disclosure Agreement, and then click Submit.
- Change or remove access for a proxy by clicking the pencil to the right of your proxy’s name under Active Proxies. Change the access type to Allow Complete Access, Allow Select Access, or Remove All Access. Then click Save. You cannot modify your proxy’s information. If you have entered information incorrectly, you should follow the instructions to remove the proxy user with the incorrect information, and then add another user.
Frequently Asked Questions by Students
Which students can set up Proxy Access?
Any student has the ability to set up Proxy Access. The View/Add Proxy link is located under the User Options in Self Service. It can also be accessed by clicking on your username at the top of the screen.
Can a student specify multiple Proxies?
Yes, a student can specify multiple proxies. Each proxy can have different levels of access to the student’s information.
Can someone be assigned as a proxy for multiple students?
Yes, someone can be assigned as a proxy for multiple students. This is particularly useful in the case of siblings attending MassArt.
Can a proxy call MassArt if they have questions about the proxy process?
If a proxy has a question about the functionality of Proxy Access, the proxy should first check the Proxy Access Instruction Guide for Parents/Guardians. If your proxy still has questions after reviewing the guide, they can email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What does a student do when they no longer want a proxy to have access?
A student can log into Self Service, click on their username and then click View/Add Proxy Access. Then click the pencil on the right of the proxy’s name to edit or remove the proxy’s access rights.
Will my proxy be notified if a modification to access is made including removing authorization?
Yes, an email will be sent to the proxy if the student chooses to modify or remove proxy access.
What if a student enters wrong information for their proxy?
You cannot modify your proxy’s information. If you have entered information incorrectly, you should follow the instructions to remove the proxy user with the incorrect information, and then add another user.
Can students view who has accessed information through proxy access?
No, students are not notified if a proxy accesses their information.