You are here
Professor Resnick is a passionate design curator who has organized seven comprehensive design exhibitions, the last four centered on contemporary socio-political poster design: “The Graphic Imperative: International Posters of Peace, Social Justice and The Environment 1965–2005” with Chaz Maviyane-Davies and Frank Baseman (2005); “Graphic Intervention: 25 Years of International AIDS Awareness Posters 1985–2010” with Javier Cortés (2010); “Graphic Advocacy: International Posters for the Digital Age: 2001–2012” (2012).
Her newest exhibition, “Women’s Rights Are Human Rights: International Posters on Gender-based Inequality, Violence and Discrimination” (2016) investigates gender-based inequalities deeply entrenched in every global society. This exhibition premiered at MassArt and has been traveling internationally.
Elizabeth Resnick Design operated from 1974–1996. Clients included: Ciba Corning Diagnostic Corporation, Animal Rescue League of Boston, Store 24, MIT, Little Brown Publishers, Troubadour, Inc, AIGA Boston, Massachusetts College of Art and Design, etc.
Publications include full color exhibition catalogs for the 4 poster exhibitions mentioned above.
- 2016 - Developing Citizen Designers, Bloomsbury Academic
- 2014 - Baseline Magazine, "Visual Cultures Across the Pond" with Scott Bakal
- 2003 - Design for Communication: Conceptual Graphic Design Basics, John Wiley & Sons Publishers
- 1984 - "Graphic Design: A Problem-Solving Approach to Visual Communication, Prentice-Hall Publications."
Articles and blog posts written about Professor Resnick’s projects:
- 2013 - Printmag, "Graphic Advocacy Takes a Stand," Steven Heller
- 2016 - Printmag, "Posters and Human Rights," Steven Heller
- 2016 - graphicart-news.com, “Elizabeth Resnick speaks about her poster exhibition 'Women’s Rights Are Human Rights,” with Maria Papaefstathiou
She is currently in research mode for ‘The Social Design Reader’ for Bloomsbury Academic due to be published in 2019.
Professor Resnick has presented lectures and workshops in the U.S., UK, Ireland, Korea, Mexico, China, Poland and Bolivia.
- 2007 - Professor Resnick received AIGA Boston’s prestigious ‘Fellows Award’ in recognition to her service to her community
- AIGA Boston Chapter
- Society of Printers
- Ico-D (Icograda)