You are here
Judith began her design career in 1983 at GE as a mechanical design engineer followed by several years providing design consultancy services in London, UK. Her current focus is on curriculum development and creating collaborative and cross-discipline opportunities for students. Judith is building innovative relationships throughout the art, business, medical and academic communities. Her professional work as founder of a.Concepts range from sport/ fitness gear, health care, lighting, home furnishings, and design for social justice.
- Designer/Founder, a.Concepts, Boston, MA
Designing and developing ideas that enhance people's experiences through products and services: exploring the relationship of people and technology, enhancing experiences through materials and appreciating the diverse needs of consumers.
- Sole Proprietor, In2It Design United, London, UK
UK Consumer Product Design & Development- user-centered research, prototype development & testing, manufacturing development.
- Research Associate, The Helen Hamlyn Research Associate Program at Royal College of Art, London, UK
User-centered design and testing with Salisbury District Hospital Research and Development Group in Functional Electronic Stimulation (FES) for paraplegics. Grant based program- Laura Ashley Foundation Research Fellowship recipient.
- Mechanical Design Engineer, General Electric Aviation (GE Aircraft Engine Business Group), Lynn, MA
Integrated Product Development Team Leader conducting analysis, manufacturing development, qualification test & engine assembly training for turbine components. Mentored junior designers in the Turbine Airfoil Centers of Excellence. Hired through the Engineer Development Program (EDP).
- TEDx Boston: Community Driven- a talk given with members of the Center for Creative Partnerships (CACP) at MassArt
- Donis Dondis Scholar Award (for student work), MassArt
- Stock Option Recipient (2), GE
- Managerial Award, GE. Achievement Award (5), GE
- Professional Member: Industrial Design Society of America (IDSA)
- Professional Member: Human Factor & Ergonomics Society (HFES)
- Group Member: Industrial Design Department: Design Management Institute (DMI)