You are here
Jennifer is a Costume and Clothing Designer. She has also studied Fashion Design at London College of Fashion, Costume Design in Florence, Italy and Fashion and Jewelry at Domus Academy in Milan, Italy.
She was previously the Costume Director at the Boston Arts Academy. She has worked for several theaters and costume shops as designer, dye specialist and embroiderer in Boston and Chicago including the Steppenwolf Theatre.
She has designed costumes for shows presented at Boston Symphony Hall, the Boston Center for the Arts, and the Edinburgh Theatre Festival in Edinburgh, Scotland.
She has also specialized in designing both custom design and ready to wear apparel for women and children in Chicago and Boston.
- 2013- Present: Co-Founder: Sustainable Fashion Collaborative
- 2001 - 2006: Costume Director, Boston Arts Academy
- Selected participant in "Creative Industries and Sustainable Design" Tour of Germany, 2009
- Surdna Arts Teacher Fellow, 2005
- Martin Arts Connection Award; The Ronald William Lane Designer Award
- Guest Presenter at the Teacher's Institute at the Contemporary Arts Museum, Houston, 2002
Connect: Jennifer Varekamp on LinkedIn