You are here
Yo Ahn Han is a visual artist from the Republic of Korea. He has received his BFA from School of the Art Institute of Chicago and MFA from MassArt. Han is teaching at MassArt as an assistant Professor and RISD as a visiting Lecturer. His work is a visual dialogue between suppression and desire, a duality which speaks to both his experience of cerebral arteriovenous malformation and to his bifurcated cultural identity. His work has been shown internationally in the United States, South Korea, and the Netherlands. Recent solo shows include “My Princess, Bari”(2015) at ART MORA Gallery in New York, “Botanical Rhapsody”(2019), “Seeking Serenade”(2021) at Chase Young Gallery and “Soils of Tinctured Embodiment”(2020) at Berry Group Office in Boston. Yo Ahn Han has recently been appointed as a juror for Beacon Gallery “totem” group exhibition (2020) and biannual painting& Drawing fellowship for Massachusetts Cultural council (2020) Additionally, Han has been featured in Boston – Art Review Issue 01, Eagle Tribune (2018), New England Home, Boston Globe, Tupelo Quarterly, and Arte Realizzata (2021)
In recent years (2021 - 2022), Han has shown in greater Boston area, including solo exhibitions as “Seeking Serenade” at Chase Young Gallery, ““In Search of Floral Bodies” at Fitchburg Art Museum alongside several group shows as “Triple Oscillation” at MassArt x SOWA Gallery, “Quotidian Queer” University hall gallery at UMass Boston, and “Line (선)/Seon( Line), Fort Point Art Community Gallery. He is also a participant of 32nd MassArt Benefit LIVE auction.
Forthcoming exhibitions are two persons show at Studio Artego, New York (September, 2022) and Solo show at Chase Young Gallery (May 2023).
- 2019 - Solo Exhibition, "Botanical Rhapsody" at Chase Young Gallery, Boston, MA
- 2018 - Group Exhibition, “Displacement”, Aviary Gallery, Jamaica Plain, MA
- 2018 - Korean Cultural Society Boston Benefit Auction, "Artist of the Year"
- 2018 - Solo Exhibition, "Space in Between", Consulate General of the Republic of Korea, Newton, MA
- 2016 - ART BUSAN 2016, International Art Fair 2016 Korea
- 2018 - "Ethereal Desire," Harper’s Magazine
- 2018 - "Displaced at Aviary Gallery," DigBoston
- 2018 - "Artistic Identity; East and West ideas, influence converge in areas exhibits," Eagle Tribune
- 2016 - "The Boston LGBTQIA Artist Alliance Group’s Exhibit Includes intersection of LGBTQIA issues," Rainbow Times
- 2017 - "Surrealist-Inspired Visual Artist, YoAhn Han," SchoolArts Magazine
- Chase Young Gallery
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- Fitchburg Art Museum
- Instagram: @yoahnhan