You are here
Sara Hartmann is an educator and e-commerce entrepreneur with an extensive background in apparel design and digital marketing. She leverages 15 years of professional experience in startups and the arts to create innovative curriculum for the next generation of designers and creative entrepreneurs.
As an active participant in the regional creative business ecosystem, Sara has served as Director of Marketing at Osmium Menswear and co-founded the fair trade retailer Secret Ships. Her work in creative entrepreneurship has been featured at Mass Innovation Nights and covered in The Improper Bostonian and Racked Boston. Sara has designed costumes for The History Channel, The Boston Conservatory, The Stoneham Theater, and Company One and has constructed costume pieces that appeared on Broadway stages and in major motion pictures.
- 2019 - Fashion Pedagogy and Innovation (panelist), Cambridge Innovation Center, Cambridge MA,
- 2019 - Finance for Creatives (presenter), Self- Employment in the Arts Conference, Chicago IL
- 2019 - Strategic Planning for Creatives (presenter), Winter Warm-Up, Suffolk University, Boston MA
- 2016 - Mass Innovation Nights: Female Founders (presenter) Cambridge MA
- 2011 - "An Investigation into the Financial Return on Corporate Social Responsibility in the Apparel Industry," The Journal of Corporate Citizenship (co-author)
- 2017 - Davis Foundation Faculty Mini-Grant Recipient
- 2010 - Eileen Fisher MBA Fellow