You are here
Robert Maloney is a Boston area native who creates multimedia pieces influenced by the many layers of the urban landscape. His recent work focuses on the connections between the temporary materials of our man-made structures and how these fragile forms relate to the erosion of our memories over the course of time.
Robert combines a variety of materials like wooden structures, topographical maps and digital projections in ways that evoke a simultaneous process of amelioration and deterioration. Through the passage of time, only traces of the original instances may remain; the temporal residue of a previous existence.
Robert’s art has been featured in Creative Quarterly Magazine, Cloth Paper Scissors Magazine, The Pulse of Mixed Media (North Light Books), Art Revolution (North Light Books), The Woven Tale Press and Artscope Magazine and his work is in the collection of Wellington Management, Liberty Mutual and private collections nationally and internationally.
Numerous galleries in the Boston area have shown Robert’s 2D and 3D mixed media work including the Kingston Gallery, Mercury Gallery, FPAC Gallery, 13 Forest Gallery, Sunne Savage, 808 Gallery and the Copley Society of Art.
Robert’s work was recently featured prominently within the context of the landscape in three public art pieces: the Illuminus Festival 2015, the Art on the Marquee at the Boston Convention Center and the Fenway 30 Second Cinema project. Robert’s first permanent public art piece was recently funded by the
Henderson Foundation and installed on Dec 28, 2016. The Haffenreffer Chimney Restoration Project is a solution that restores the signage on the chimney of the historic Haffenreffer Brewery in Jamaica Plain, MA.
- Building Stages: FPAC Gallery, Boston MA
- Attleboro Arts Museum: Monotype/Monoprint Juried Exhibition: Attleboro MA
- Building Memories: Contemporary Arts International, Acton MA
- Illuminus Boston 2015: Fenway/Boston MA
- Art on the Marquee Video: Boston Convention Center, South Boston MA
- Boston Young Contemporaries Exhibition: Boston University 808 Gallery, Boston MA
- Sightlines: 13 Forest Gallery, Arlington MA
- Free Association: Group Exhibition, Kingston Gallery, Boston MA
- Street Diamonds 2: Fourth Wall Project, Boston MA
- Points of Intersection: Solo Exhibition, Kingston Gallery, Boston MA
- Match: Lincoln Arts Project, Waltham MA
- Gridwork: Explorations into the Urban Landscape: Copley Society of Art, Boston MA
- Massachusetts College of Art and Design Library, Boston MA;
- Wellington Management; Boston, MA
- Liberty Mutual: Lexington MA
- Slone Epidemiology Center: Boston MA
- Creative Quarterly Magazine
- Woven Tale Press
- Artscope Magazine
- The Artists Pulse: North Light Books
- Cloth Paper Scissors Magazine
- Art Revolution: North Light Books
- Attleboro Arts Museum: Honorable Mention
- Fort Point Arts Community
- 13 Forest Gallery
- Kingston Gallery