You are here
With over thirty years of design experience, James has been a practicing designer since 1984. Currently providing design consulting services through JMRead, LLC, his professional work ranges from architectural furnishings, juvenile products, and eyewear to sporting goods products.
- 2012 - Present: JMRead LLC.; Design Innovation, Marshfield Massachusetts, Principal - JMRead, LLC provides consulting services by articulating innovation opportunities through user-centered design.
- "Creating Innovation Leaders: Why We Need to Blend Business and Design Education," DMI Review Article Vol. 23, No. 4, Fall 2012
- "Teaching User-focused Innovation," DMI Review Article Vol. 16, No. 4, Fall 2005
- "Expansion and Compression," 2001 IDSA International Design Conference Paper, Fall 2001
- "Contextual Issues of Design," 2000 IDSA International Design Conference Paper Fall 2000
- "Embracing Change," 1999 IDSA International Design Conference Paper Fall 1999
- 2014 Core77 Social Impact Design Award. Xylem Inc Saajhi Stepping Pump
- 1992 GE Plastic World Student Design Competition, International Third Prize, Best of Show in Western Hemisphere
- 1989 National Affordable Housing Competition, Rhode Island Housing and Mortgage Financing Corporation, Second Place
- Professional Member: IDSA - Industrial Designers Society of America ; DMI - Design Management Institute