You are here
The Glass Shed, colloquially known as the "Hot Shop" is a 2500 square feet studio for glass-blowing and flame working.
- Two gas combustion "wet dog" pot style glass melting furnaces w/1300 lb glass capacity
- Two gas combustion "wet dog" glass G21 Glory holes
- One pipe warming station
- One reheating garage station
- Two working benches
- Six station flame working area
- Seven electric annealing ovens
- Two electric glass casting ovens (one is roll-out design riddler area for sand mixing)
- Complete Honeywell programmable controllers for gas combustion furnaces
- Two GB-5 Digitry programmable controllers for annealing /casting ovens
- Office/storage space
Along with the Hot Shop, the Glass Department boasts a glass coldworking room and a glass diamond room for sandblastinging, drilling, and casting.