You are here
"At MassArt, I learned how to see the world differently, to explore the possibility in everything, and to understand the transformative power of design."
Cedric Douglas is an artist and designer who integrates graffiti ideology into design and advertising. His work is inspired by everday life idioms and the subculture of guerilla, or street art. He uses this approach to express his social views on the world.
Douglas is the Creative Director of The Up Truck, a mobile arts lab created to engage residents of Uphams Corner in Dorchester, MA. Douglas has been an artist-in-residence at Northeastern University and Emerson College.
in the press
- Wonderland: Handing Out Roses Around Boston Common To Remember Hundreds of Black Americans Killed By Police
- Boston Globe: Boston Needs to Make Art, Not Just Consume It
- Boston Globe: Boston's Street Art is Hitting a Growth Spurt. Here's the Man Behind It
- WBUR The ARTery: A Tour of Street Art in Roxbury, By Boston Artist Cedric Douglas
- Boston Globe: In Uphams Corner, He Makes Art Hit Home