March 21, 2022 Update
Transition to open campus
As of Monday, March 21, MassArt has transitioned to an open campus -- one that requires our community to take personal and collective responsibility, using the resources available to ensure our continued health and safety.
This decision was made possible because we have seen a decline in COVID-19 cases on our campus and at state and local levels, thanks to the consistent vigilance of our campus community. Getting vaccinated and boosted, masking, and staying home when you’re sick continue to be our best defenses against the spread of this virus. Further, access to rapid antigen testing, antiviral medication and enhanced treatments has and will continue to increase in the coming months.
Campus Access - students, faculty, and staff
- CoVerified app “Cleared” screen:
- For vaccinated individuals, showing CoVerified will no longer be required
- For individuals with an approved exemption, you must still show a CoVerified “Cleared” screen
- Protocols that will still be required for everyone are:
- Accessing campus through the DMC and Kennedy main entrances only
- Swiping in with your MassArt ID at both DMC and Kennedy main entrances
- Mask-wearing in all indoor spaces
- For vaccinated individuals, testing is longer required
- For students with an approved exemption, testing test twice (2x) per week is still required
- For MassArt employees with an approved exemption, testing once (1x) per week is required but testing twice (2x) per week is encouraged
- Testing will be optional and available through this semester for those who still want to test, with a limit of one (1) test per week
- View MassArt's Test Site hours.
- Visitor access is now allowed. Visitors must sign in at the DMC Public Safety desk upon entrance.
- Proof of vaccination or negative test is no longer required for visitors.
- Mask-wearing is required for all visitors, regardless of vaccination status
- External guests are permitted in the residence halls; guests must be vaccinated and security desk staff will be verifying their vaccination status.
- The Eat>Cafe and Peets in Kennedy are open to the general public; masks are required for entry, and mask-wearing is required when not actively eating or drinking.
- Masks are still required for everyone when indoors on campus, regardless of vaccination status.
- Masks are no longer required above the first floors in the Residence Halls.
- MassArt strongly recommends the use of high-filtration masks, including N95, KN95, KF94, and surgical masks.
- Free, high-filtration masks are available to all at the DMC and Kennedy security desks.
Events & Summer Programs
- We look forward to welcoming outside guests to upcoming campus events, including the All School Show (March 20-April 9), the MassArt Auction (April 9) the Fashion Show (May 14), and Commencement (May 19)!
- Attendance at campus events is limited to a maximum of 75% of the total designated room capacity.
- Guests attending large events are expected to be vaccinated.
- Mask wearing is required of all event guests.
- Students enrolling in summer programs will be expected to be fully vaccinated. Further details on protocols and access for summer programs will be shared shortly.
- All students were required to receive their booster dose by Friday, March 18.
- All faculty and staff are required to receive their booster dose no later than Monday, April 25.
- Locate and schedule your booster dose using the MassVaxFinder website.
- Booster locations near MassArt include the Whittier Street Health Center, CVS Longwood Medical (Moderna), and the Brigham Circle Walgreens (Pfizer-BioNTech).
- Vaccination records must be updated in the CoVerified app using the “+” menu, selecting COVID vaccination as the type, and then the appropriate booster manufacturer and dose.
- We will continue to use the CoVerified app through the spring semester for:
- MassArt Testing Site appointment scheduling
- PCR test result notification
- Collection of booster records
- CoVerified will no longer be required for MassArt campus access.
- CoVerified may still be required for access to other Colleges of the Fenway campuses.
Please direct any questions you may have about these plans to one of the offices below, where colleagues are happy to help: