You are here
Candace Brooks is an adjunct professor at MassArt and a Training and Technical Assistance Associate and in-house expert on design thinking and innovation at Education Development Center.
She contributes over 10 years experience as a product design researcher and strategist, with 10 years of experience as an adjunct professor teaching courses in product design at MassArt. She has trained and coached teachers, district leaders, university staff and college-level students in the use of design research methods as an effective tool for innovative problem solving. She has facilitated school-based teams, developed curriculum for professional development and online courses, acted as a technical assistant and has presented to teachers and school administrators on the benefits of using the design process and design thinking in school-change efforts.
She was part of a small team of curriculum developers that created an award-winning online art course for Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art. Her training at the Institute of Design at the Illinois Institute of Technology has helped her to hone a human-centered approach to problem solving.
- 2014 - Present - Education Development Center, Waltham, MA Training and Technical Assistance Associate
- 2010 - 2014 - Research Assistant, Waltham, MA
- MassCAN (The Massachusetts Computing Attainment Network), EDC, Waltham, MA
- Innovators’ Institute - Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA Funded by Philadelphia Academies, Inc.
- Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, Bentonville, AR Funded by Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art
- Equity Leadership Summit The Equity Forum (internal EDC event).
- New Approaches to Urban Districts, Cross-District Learning, Funded by Nellie Mae Education Foundation
- National Center for Scaling Up Effective Schools Funded by IES sub award with Vanderbilt University
- Can Visual Arts Learning Improve Geometric Reasoning? Funded by National Science Foundation
- 2010 - Brandeis University, Research & Project Strategist and Consultant, Waltham, MA
- 2007 - 2011 - Ximedica, Research & Project Strategist and Consultant, Providence, RI
- 2008 - Procter & Gamble, Global Oral Care R&D, Research Consultant, Needham, MA
- 2006 - Bose Corporation, Customer Experience Research, Framingham, MA
- 2004 - Insight Product Development, User Research, Chicago, IL
- 2004 - Steelcase, Inc., User Research, Grand Rapids, MI