You are here
With extensive and diverse experience in design including exhibits for educational, museum and corporate applications and wayfinding for campuses and public streets, Tom’s background includes work with the design staff of a large consulting firm, partnership in Omnigraphics, Inc., a graphic design office, and his present partnership, consulting office, Theurer Briggs Design.
He has designed branding programs for corporate and non-profit organizations, programs of patient information for divisions of major, Boston hospitals, capital campaigns for hospitals and independent schools and publication design for colleges and universities.
- 1990 - present, Partner, Theurer Briggs Design
- 1975 - 1987, Partner, Omnigraphics, Inc.
- Award of Excellence; American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA)
- Merit Awards; Boston Art Director's Club
- Merit Awards; Creative Club of Boston
- 1996 - Guest Artist/Lecturer, Salem State College, Salem, Massachusetts
- 1986 - Lecture / Presentation; Bookbuilders of Boston, lecture series for design and publishing professionals
- 1985 - Lecture / Presentation; Perspectives on Boston's Art and Culture, Seminar, ProArts Consortium, Emerson College
- 1982 - Moderator; National Conference on Design Education and the New Technology, Boston
- 2005 - Briggs, Thomas. "Graphic Design Curricula: Visualizing Design Processes and Skills." The Education of a Graphic Designer. Ed. Steven Heller. New York: Allworth Press, 2005. 232-236
- 2003 - Briggs, Thomas. "Sculpture Poster, Design for Communication," Conceptual Graphic Design Basics. Ed. Elizabeth Resnick. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 2003. 148-150