You are here
MassArt's Bursar's Office is responsible for billing students and managing student accounts. Student semester bills are based on the student's residency status, the number of credits for which the student has pre-registered, College fees, and applicable residence hall charges.
Fall semester bills are available in July, and spring bills in November. The student bill lists the payment due date (generally 3 weeks after the bills are issued). Settling bills by the due date ensures enrollment in pre-registered classes and a smooth start to the semester.
Please Note: Failure to meet payment requirements by the deadline will result in withdrawal from any pre-registered classes. Students will not be allowed reinstatement until the bill is satisfied in full and upon payment of a $200 late registration fee.
Paying Your Bill
To view bills, students may log in to their student self service account. Students may contact the Business Office with specific inquiries about their charges.
Students can settle their account by:
- Online on the student self service site, payments via Credit, or e-check can be made instantly. View instructions on viewing and paying
- Cashier's or personal check, or a money order payable to "Massachusetts College of Art and Design." Please include the student ID number on the bottom of the check, send check payable to "Massachusetts College of Art and Design" to: Attn: Business Office, Massachusetts College of Art and Design, 621 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115 USA (or in person, 8th Floor Tower)
- Wire transfer - students and families living abroad often find wire transfer the most efficient way to pay their account balance. All charges for the cost of the wire transfer are borne by the sender - this includes fees by the originating bank and any intermediary banks. Please allow two weeks for processing and bank confirmation. The Wire Transfer Payment Notification (PDF) will help process a wire transfer through a bank to pay MassArt for Tuition and Fees. For more information regarding wire transfer instructions, students and families should contact the Business Office
Payment Plan Options
Undergraduate and Graduate Students
Enroll in an interest-free monthly payment plan. Massachusetts College of Art and Design offers the Monthly Payment Plan administered by Tuition Management Systems (TMS) for all students. The payment plan for the Fall semester begins in May. Sign up for a 4 or 5 month payment plan for Fall only, or a 10 month payment plan for Fall+Spring. For more information, visit massart.afford.com
Financial Aid and Scholarships
Students who have returned a signed copy of their Financial Assistance Letter to the Office of Student Financial Assistance will see the financial aid they have accepted as a pending credit on their student bill. If a student plans to use financial aid to settle the account and it does not appear on the bill, please contact MassArt's Office of Student Financial Assistance.
Some students receive scholarships or grants from organizations outside of MassArt (examples: Rotary Club, Boston Globe, City scholarships, etc.). A copy of the scholarship letter should be returned to our Office of Student Assistance. They will enter the scholarship into our computer system and it will become part of your Pending Aid. If you receive the scholarship after bills are mailed please follow the following steps:
- If the scholarship award letter states that the outside scholarship will be paid directly to MassArt, the student need not pay that portion of the bill that the scholarship will cover
- A copy of the scholarship award letter must be submitted with the bill as well as payment for any remaining balance
Understanding Your Account Statement
To help you understand your own bill, the Business Office has developed a helpful guide.
To help students in need of books and supplies during the Add/Drop period before funds are released.
Your estimated financial aid package must exceed your financial obligation to MassArt for the current semester in order to qualify for the bookstore voucher. The voucher is an available line of credit that can only be used at the MassArt Art Supply & Bookstore to be used for textbooks and course related supplies.
Massachusetts College of Art and Design
621 Huntington Avenue
Boston MA 02115
Hours: 9:00am - 5:00pm
email@example.com • 617.879.7900