You are here
welcome to massart, new students!
Move-In Day: Move-In for all new students will occur on August 31, 2019.
Overall, move-in occurs between 7:00am and 12:30pm, however, resident students will receive an email to their MassArt email accounts with their move-in time and parking instructions in early August.
Students must arrive during their assigned time slot. If you are early, you will have to wait until your assigned time to move-in. If you are late, you will have to wait until after 12:30pm when the move-in process is completed.
We thank you in advance for your compliance with the process, as move-in day at a college located in the city can be challenging. This process has resulted in many years of smooth move-in experiences for our new students and their families. You can learn more about Move-In here.
New Student Orientation
For all incoming students will occur between August 31 - September 3
First-year Student/Foundation Transfer (those transferring into the Foundation Year) Track: August 31-September 3
- August 31st: 3:30pm-6:00pm required; Required Floor Meetings at 7pm for resident students and optional dinner and reception from 6:00pm-8:00pm for commuter student
- September 1st: 9:00am-3:30pm required; optional evening planning
- September 2nd: 9:00am -12:00pm required; optional afternoon and evening programming; required sessions for International students from 1:00pm-5:30pm
- September 3rd: 8:30am-2:30pm required; optional programming 2:30pm-4:00pm
Upper-class Transfer (those transferring directly into a major)/ Exchange Student Track: September 2
September 2nd: 8:30am-1:00pm; required sessions for International students from 1:00pm-5:30pm
International Student Track: International students & Exchange students will attend the track that matches their program level and then attend some additional, International-specific programming on the afternoon of September 2nd
- International students & Exchange students will attend the track that matches their program level and then attend some additional, International-specific programming on the afternoon of September 2nd from 1:00pm-5:30pm
Graduate Student Orientation: Orientation for all Fall '19 incoming graduate students will be held on Tuesday, September 3, from 2:00-5:30pm in the Design and Media Center's Huntington Studio.
For additional information, please contact: Felicia D. Scott, Graduate Programs Resource Coordinator at email@example.com or 617.879.7166
For parents/family members of incoming students will also occur on August 31. A complete schedule will be available later this summer, but the program runs in the afternoon after move-in is complete, between 2:00pm-5:30pm. Family Orientation is optional but encouraged.
If you are a parent/family member of an incoming student and would like to receive email communication during the summer with information about MassArt and resources that are available to your student, please fill out the form below to provide us with the best email address to reach you at.
- Undergraduate New Student Summer Checklist
- Graduate New Student Summer Checklist
- New Student Resource Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Commuter Resource Guide
- Additional Information for International Students
meet the primers
A Primer is a student leader who will serve as an Orientation guide and support you throughout the academic year. During Orientation in September, every first-year student and foundation transfer will be assigned to a Primer who will accompany you to sessions, answer your questions and help you transition to the MassArt community. Primers represent a wide range of academic disciplines and are extremely resourceful. They are excited about getting to know you and assisting you in any way they can. Each student will be placed in a group with other new students that is led by a Primer during Orientation.
Director of Transition and Leadership
firstname.lastname@example.org • 617.879.7723