You are here
Start a New Group
If you're visiting this page, you may be interested in creating a new student group! And you've come to the right place! Here you will find all the paperwork you need to give a proposal.
- Print out the New Student Group Charter attached below
- Fill out the charter with the name of your group, 3 representatives, as well as any advisor information (which is optional)
- Then attach a typed response explaining the purpose of your group and how it will benefit the MassArt community
- Also attach a mission statement for your group (2-3 sentences)
- Write about the anticipated ideas, activities, goals and events of your group
- On the back of the charter sheet provide the names and signatures of 10+ MassArt students who are interested in being members of your group. Students must provide their MassArt email address along with their signature
- Send all the paperwork to firstname.lastname@example.org and schedule a time to come in on a Wednesday between 1:30pm and 2:45pm to present your proposal to Full Council!
- After you present, you will be asked to leave the room while Full Council votes. You will be notified by the next day!