You are here
Ava's art practice explores disappearing wilderness, haunted geographies, and the implicit nexus that connects internal and external landscapes. Using art as a means of bearing witness to these places, her work creates an abstract, emotional record of their landscapes while embracing the paradoxical experience of nature and climate cataclysm. She received a BA in film and creative writing from Bard College, an MA in illustration from FIT in New York City, and an MFA in painting from The University of Hawai’i at Mānoa. Ava has been teaching as Assistant Professor of Studio Foundations at MassArt since 2021.
- 2019 – current - C.I.C.A.D.A. International Founder & President
- 2020 - 2021 - The John Young Museum & the Galleries at UHM Honolulu, HI, Curatorial Assistant
- 2014 – 2015 - SC Magazine UK/Haymarket Media Inc. New York, NY, Senior Production Editor and Designer
- 2011 – 2012 - Man of the World Magazine New York, NY, Editorial Director
- 2005 – 2009 - The New Yorker Magazine New York, NY, Production Supervisor/Layout Designer