You are here
POST-BACCALAUREATE DESIGN: DYNAMIC MEDIA INSTITUTE
The Post-baccalaureate Design: Dynamic Media Institute application and all requirements listed below must be submitted online, with the exception of official transcripts, official translation and evaluation of transcripts, letters of recommendation and English proficiency test scores.
- Priority Deadline: January 2
- Rolling Admission Deadline: March 1*
*We will accept applications on a space available basis, after the Priority Deadline.
$90 Application fee
A one-to-two page statement describing your reasons for applying to MassArt, the Post-baccalaureate Design: Dynamic Media Institute program, and the planned direction of your future work. Note any recent developments that support your decision to apply.
List professional accomplishments including exhibitions and awards, as well as professional or other activities that convey a sense of your commitment to a life in the arts.
Submit transcripts of all previous college level academic work. Transcripts must be translated into English for review. Students may submit unofficial copies for the application. Admitted students must submit official transcripts in order to enroll. Non-English transcripts will need to be submitted with an approved translation and evaluation.
MassArt alumni and current students must request transcripts by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no fee for alums applying to MassArt Grad Programs.
Provide email addresses for two referees on the application form. Referees should be familiar with the work in your portfolio, your academics or your professional work ethic. When possible, at least one reference should be from a teacher with whom you have studied.
All Portfolios should be submitted digitally through the application.
- Applicants are expected to demonstrate an in-depth commitment to design and innovation in the arts. When reviewing applications, the Admissions Committee looks for personal direction and potential for future growth.
- Please submit your portfolio as 1 PDF. This should consist of about 15-40 pages and can include: 5-10 project briefs, 20-25 images of recent work, or a combination of the two.
- Time-based media: You may submit up to 3 time-based pieces as separate items. Clips should be no longer than 3-5 minutes. Consider including any images of installation, site-specific projections, and/or stills as appropriate.
Interviews are an important component of the MassArt Graduate Admissions process. After an initial review of applications, select candidates will be invited to interview with faculty.