You are here
MASTER OF ARTS 4+1 PROGRAM (BFA/MA)
The Master of Arts 4+1 (BFA/MA) application and all requirements listed below must be submitted online, with the exception of official transcripts, official translation and evaluation of transcripts, letters of recommendation and English proficiency test scores.
The BFA/MA program beings in the Summer term.
May BFA Completion:
- Application Open!
- Priority Deadline: January 2*
*We will accept applications on a space available basis, after the Priority Deadline.
December BFA Completion:
Students completing the 120 credit program, minus the "9th semester", in December can apply to the Master of Arts (BFA/MA 4+1) program beginning in August, with a deadline of September 1.
- Application Open!
- Deadline: September 1
The Master of Arts 4+1 (BFA/MA) program is for current MassArt BFA students with a major in Art Education.
A one-to-two page statement describing your reasons for applying to MassArt's Master of Arts program and the planned direction of your future work. Note any recent developments that support your decision to apply.
List professional accomplishments including exhibitions and awards, as well as professional or other activities that convey a sense of your commitment to a life in the arts.
All Portfolios should be submitted digitally through the application. Please submit work as individual images/videos. Book format is discouraged as it detracts from the artwork.
- Applicants are expected to demonstrate an in-depth commitment to education and the arts. When reviewing applications, the Admissions Committee looks for personal direction and potential for future growth.
- 20-25 images of reproductions of recent work should be submitted with captions that include title, medium, dimensions, date, and any other relevant information that you want the admissions committee to be aware of.
- Time-based media: You may submit up to 3 time-based pieces. Clips should be no longer than 3-5 minutes. Consider including any images of installation, site-specific projections, and/or stills as appropriate.
- Student work: Those with teaching experience are welcome to submit up to 5 images of student work. Be sure to indicate this in the description area, and provide a brief description of the assignment.
Interviews are an important component of the MassArt Graduate Admissions process. After an initial review of applications, select candidates will be invited to interview with faculty.