You are here
Health Insurance Tips
Finding affordable health insurance can be an issue for artists and designers. While we continually look at ways to help our alumni find and keep health insurance, ongoing changes to national healthcare policy can create obstacles.
To help you navigate your health insurance options, we have compiled the following resources both for alumni within Massachusetts and those living elsewhere. If you find another helpful resource, please contact us so that we can add it to this list of resources.
RESOURCES FOR MASSACHUSETTS RESIDENTS
- The Massachusetts Health Connector is an online marketplace where you can compare plans from the state's major insurers. They are an independent state agency, so you can shop with confidence.
- The AIGA Boston Chapter provides group health insurance to "members in good standing" whom own a small business in MA or NH. Visit their website for complete details.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration publishes a booklet called "Small Business Risk Management Guide, #MP-28," which contains information about insurance requirements for the business owner. Request a copy by calling 617.565.5590, or download directly from their website.
- The Artist Help Network is a free information service designed to help artists take control of their careers, and focuses primarily on subjects of interest to fine artists.
- The Artist's Health Insurance Resource Center contains helpful resources for those in stage, screen, theater and film careers to access group health insurance plans. See the website for complete details.