You are here
Qualified undergraduate students may participate in these programs during one semester of their junior year and must meet with the International Education Office to apply. Students may also consider a range of summer courses abroad. It is never too early to start planning!
A wide range of programs are available to MassArt students. Tuition and support services differ with each program so please be in touch with the International Education Center for more information. Information sessions are held throughout the fall and spring semesters and can be found on the MassArt Events Calendar. We hope you take the time to consider this unique opportunity to grow, gain new perspective, and enhance your career!
The MassArt International Exchanges are full immersion programs at one of our reciprocal exchange partner institutions. Students enroll directly in the institution abroad but pay MassArt tuition and fees. Most forms of financial aid apply, but it is important to check with the financial aid office for more information. Because of the immersive nature of these programs, students must be independent-minded. MassArt has reciprocal exchange partnerships with the following institutions:
- Australia: Melbourne University/Victorian College of Art or University of Sydney/Sydney College of Art
- Ecuador: University of Cuenca
- France: Nantes Atlantique School of Design
- India: Srishti Institute of Art, Design and Technology
- Ireland: Burren College of Art
- Israel: Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design
- Italy: Alchimia, School of Contemporary Jewelry
- Japan: Kyoto University of Art and Design or Osaka Seikei University
- Netherlands: ArtEZ Institute of the Arts or Willem de Kooning Academie
- South Korea: Korea National University of Arts
- Spain: University of Barcelona
- Scotland, U.K.: Edinburgh College of Art or Glasgow School of Art
- England, U.K.: University for the Creative Arts
The AICAD Exchange Program is available to undergraduate students wishing to participate in semester-long exchanges throughout North America. MassArt is a member of the Association of Independent Colleges of Art and Design (AICAD). Accepted students pay their home tuition and fees and study at a fellow AICAD institution for one semester. Most forms of financial aid apply, but it is important to check with your financial aid office for more information.
- For language help, check out Pronunciator in the MassArt Library
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Generation Study Abroad is an initiative, launched in 2014, of the Institute of International Education (IIE) to mobilize resources and commitments with the goal of doubling the number of U.S. students studying abroad by the end of the decade.
MassArt became a commitment partner to Generation Study Abroad (GSA) in August 2016, and pledged to double the number of students participating in our semester exchange programs. As a GSA partner, MassArt has access to many study abroad resources, is part of a global support network, and is eligible to apply for student scholarships that can directly benefit our students.