You are here
Hayley Morris is an animation director and artist who specializes in mixed media and stop-motion animation techniques to tell stories that unfold through layered textures, hand crafted details, and inventive storytelling. After working in NYC as a director and fabricator at a number of production companies she moved to Providence, RI and started the studio "Shape & Shadow". Hayley has worked with a variety of clients directing commercials, social media spots, documentary segments, music videos, concert visuals, short films and fabrication for films. Notable projects include work for Burt's Bees, Sesame Street, Hewlett Packard, Samsung, The Robin Hood Foundation, The Detroit Zoo, Paragard, HumanaOne and more. She has also worked on feature films such as Todd Haynes' film Wonderstruck acting as lead character fabricator and directed a segment for the Emmy nominated documentary SEED: The Untold Story.
Hayley has a passion for working with musicians and has created music videos and concert backgrounds for Iron and Wine, The Smashing Pumpkins, Bon Jovi, Explosions in the Sky, Pure Bathing Culture and Grammy award winning violinist Hilary Hahn and Oscar nominated composer Hauschka. Hayley's work has been featured in film festivals, museums and galleries worldwide and is a 6X Vimeo Staff Pick. Hayley currently lives in Providence, RI where she works under her studio, "Shape & Shadow."
- 2018 - Present - Director, NERD Productions, London, UK
- 2017 - Present - Director, Bodega Studios, New York, NY
- 2017 - Present - Director, Eallin, London, UK, and Prague, Czech Republic
- 2017 - Present, Director, IAMSTATIC, Toronto
- 2016 - 2017 - Director, Click 3x, New York, NY
Selected Exhibitions and Film Festivals
- 2020 - "Animation Today", StopTrik International Film Festival, Poland & Slovenia Shelburne Museum, Shelburne, VT
- 2019 - “The Skin Has Eyes: Animated Visions”, Mills Gallery at Boston Center for the Arts Boston, MA
- 2019 - Chicago International Children’s Film Festival, Chicago, IL
- 2018 - Vimeo's "Ladies With Lenses", Videology, Brooklyn, NY
- 2017 - "Sweaty Eyeballs Animation Invitational", Baltimore, MD
- 2019 - Media reel
- 2019 - "Bon Jovi | This house Is Not For Sale Tour"
- 2018 - "The Smashing Pumpkins | Shiny And Oh So Bright Tour"
- 2018 - "NERD Signs New Craft Director Haley Morris and Releases Feature Length Interview", Little Black Book
- 2017 - "Watch Explosions in the SKy's Trippy, Stop-Motion 'Ecstatics' Video", Ryan Reed, Rolling Stone
- 2017 - "After 18 Years, Explosions In The Sky Just Accomplished A Rare Feat: A Music Video", KC Ifeanyi, Fast Company
- Six-time Vimeo Staff Pick
- Jury Prize, Living with Alzheimer's Film Competition,
- "Joy" by Iron and Wine, Bronze in music video category, London International Awards
- "Undone", Grand Jury Prize Best Animated Short, Slamdance
- Gold Award in Animation and Best Animated Short, Advertising and Design Club of Canada