You are here
Massachusetts State Law requires all students registered for 9 or more credits to be covered by a qualifying student health insurance program or be enrolled in a health care plan that meets minimum state-determined requirements. To comply with this law, all MassArt undergraduate and graduate students taking 9 or more credits must either waive or enroll in the MassArt Student Health Insurance Plan by June 30, 2020.
The MassArt Student Health Insurance Plan for the 2020-2021 Policy Year is through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts. The annual premium is $3,306 and is effective from August 1, 2020 through July 31, 2021.
Students must waive or enroll in MassArt's health insurance annually.
Universal Health Plans has teamed up with Chewsi™ for the 2019-2020 Academic Year to offer a free dental savings plan to Rhode Island and Massachusetts students.
International Students: Unless you are an exchange student, MassArt does not accept international health insurance. All international students must enroll in the MassArt student health insurance plan.
For questions about MassArt's Health Insurance, please contact the Counseling and Wellness Center at email@example.com or 617.879.7760.
Massachusetts college immunization law requires each college to have on file a complete record of immunizations for all full-time undergraduate and graduate students. As such, students in these programs much provide complete documentation to the Counseling and Wellness Center.
Incoming students must submit the Immunization Record Form, completed and signed by a physician, no later than June 30th (December 15th for the spring semester). Students who have not submitted this completed form will not be allowed on campus.
Below is a complete list of required immunizations:
- Hepatitis B Vaccine: 3 doses
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR): 2 doses
- Meningococcal (Meningitis) Vaccine: 1 dose for newly enrolled full-time students, within 5 years before enrollment. 2 doses if dose 1 was given before age of 16
- Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis (Tdap) booster: 1 dose of Tdap if it has been more than five years since the last dose of Td. If it has been less than 5 years since the last dose of Td, Tdap is not required. However, due to increases in pertussis cases nationally and in Massachusetts, Tdap is recommended regardless of interval since the last tetanus-containing vaccine.
- Varicella (Chickenpox) Vaccine: 2 doses
- Inluenza: 1 dose of seasonal influenza vaccine for the current flu season (July-June) must be received annually by December 31st. New students entering between January 1st and March 31st must have received a dose of vaccine for the current flu season for entry.
In place of the MMR and Hepatitis B vaccines, laboratory evidence of immunity may also be provided. In the case of Varicella, MassArt will also accept statement signed by a nurse practitioner, physician assistant, or designee that the student has a reliable history of chickenpox disease; a self-reported history of disease verified by a physician, nurse practitioner or physician assistant; or is born in the United States before 1980.
Required for International Students Only
- Tuberculosis (TB) screening: PPD (Mantoux) test within past year
- Chest X-ray (required only if TB test is positive)
Please send the completed Immunization Record Form to: firstname.lastname@example.org.